The simFlight Network Forums

Occasional Fatal Error always tied to FSUIPC

Noel

As requested, here is the .log file that may help determine what is happening. Since I don't use many of the user customizable features in FSUIPC, what would happen if I just removed it? I asked this in the MS FSX Forum on Avsim.

Thanks in advance,

Noel

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.86 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista

Module base=69FC0000

User Name="Noel P"

User Addr="ncp10@pacbell.net"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

0 System time = 26/02/2013 19:18:59

0 FLT path = "C:\Users\Noel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

47 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

47 FS path = "F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

546 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

546 SIM1 Frictions access gained

546 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

546 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

546 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

546 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

4977 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

4977 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

4977 FSUIPC Menu entry added

5024 C:\Users\Noel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\1.FLT

5024 F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\F1_Cessna_441\F1_C441.AIR

83945 F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\QualityWings 752 Passenger\QWSim Boeing 757-200WL Pratt & Whitney PW2043.AIR

123366 C:\Users\Noel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KPHX-KSAN FL400.266M

211741 Weather Mode now = Theme

211741 Weather Mode now = Custom

216733 System time = 26/02/2013 19:22:36, Simulator time = 19:19:05 (02:19Z)

216748 Aircraft="QWSim Boeing 757-200 United NC WV"

218183 Starting everything now ...

219275 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

601540 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 384 secs = 21.8 fps

2459294 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***

As requested, here is the .log file that may help determine what is happening.

Requested when? Can you please give me a clue as to what this is about? Is it from another thread here?

Since I don't use many of the user customizable features in FSUIPC, what would happen if I just removed it? I asked this in the MS FSX Forum on Avsim.

You asked what happens when you remove FSUIPC? Why there?

If you remove FSUIPC.DLL from the FSX modules folder, it won't run. That's it! Nothing will "happen". If you are not using it and none of your other add-ons are using it, then why is it there in the first place?

I see that you even paid for it:

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

Why on Earth purchase it if you don't use it or want to use it?

If you have a problem with it, wouldn't it be better to help me solve it for you than simply wanting to ignore it? If FSX is crashing on you, I need more details. The most important part is the data in the Windows event log.

Incidentally, there is at least one thing FSUIPC is doing for you.The last line in your log shows that some bad scenery file you have installed would have crashed FSX at this point:

2459294 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***

That's 2,459 seconds into the session -- 41 minutes. Did FSX then crash, or is this log a fragment taken before FSX was closed? If FSX crashed soon after this G3D error, then it seems very likely that the scenery or 3D object file responsible for the error which was trapped is more extensively corrupted than the 'normal' G3D error, and that this is what is really causing your problem.

Regards

Pete

Geez!

I posed the same question on the Avsim forum and YOU asked me to install the latest version then send you the log file when it crashed.

Why there? Because all crashes cite FSUIPC.dll. I didn't understand its role in the game, Pete, which is why I asked.

Why did I purchase it? Because I thought it's user controlled features might be of value. And having experimented w/ some in particular the wind smoothing effects, found them not to be useful, that's all!

So what you are saying is that a corrupted scenery or object file triggered the crash, and FSUIPC.dll contains a feature which can report on the error. Fine, thanks for the explanation--I has assumed the error WAS IN FSUIPC.dll, since it references this w/ each crash.

Geez!

I posed the same question on the Avsim forum and YOU asked me to install the latest version then send you the log file when it crashed.

Okay. Some sort of link to that would have clarified this. Before I go chasing threads in the enormous AVSIM forum, would I find any more information there at all? If not, why should I?

Why there? Because all crashes cite FSUIPC.dll. I didn't understand its role in the game, Pete, which is why I asked.

So what you are saying is that a corrupted scenery or object file triggered the crash, and FSUIPC.dll contains a feature which can report on the error. Fine, thanks for the explanation--I has assumed the error WAS IN FSUIPC.dll, since it references this w/ each crash.

What actually references FSUIPC? This information is vital if you want my assistance. If I have the actual crash information then I may be able to help solve it, or at least make sure FSUIPC isn't cited any more when you do get your crash.

I need the module offset and crash error code, which will be provided in the detailed Windows crash report in the event log. Let me know if you don't know how to get this, and I'll try to give instructions.

Regards

Pete

Ah, thanks Andy. And I quote my reply from there:

This would be really useful information for me to support you if only it was with the latest version! As it is I cannot match the offset to the code now because things have changed so much between 4.853 and 4.86.

Please try with 4.86 and if you get it again, report the same data to me on my Support Forum. Also please supply the FSUIPC4.LOG file (paste its contents into the message). You will find the log in the FS Modules folder.

So now I have the Log, and all I need to is Windows error data -- which evidently the OP does know how to get hold of after all.

I'm afraid too much has changed in the lead up to version 4.86 and I can't really relate the details originally posted to my current code state because of those changes.

Let's hope he gets back with the needed information!

Best Regards

Pete