The simFlight Network Forums

Gamecontroller Multi-Digit-ID in "JOYSTICK_MAIN {ID}"

Can anyone please tell me, how I can identify my gamecontroller product name via the multi-digit-id in section "JOYSTICK:MAIN" used in FS2004- or FSX-CFGs?

That'll be its "GUID". If you have FSUIPC installed you'll find it related to the device name in the [JoyNames] section of your FSUIPC INI file (in the FS Modules folder). For example,

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
2=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
2.GUID={B0ABDEC0-6DA5-11E0-8001-444553540000}
0=4 axis 13 button gamepad with hat switch
0.GUID={5E542070-4F04-11E0-8004-444553540000}[/CODE]

The name of the device identified by the number on the left of the '=' is related to the GUID on the line with the same number to the left of ".GUID=".

Pete

Thanks Pete,

in my FSUIPC V4 I can now read the GUID reference, but not in FSUIPC V3 for FS2004.

Is there another function to be enabled for this information in FSUIPC V3?

IF NOT, is the GUID provided by FSX and FSUIPC V4 the same as for FS2004 ? Then this would help on my system, but not on others with only FS2004 installed.

regards

Alhard

in my FSUIPC V4 I can now read the GUID reference, but not in FSUIPC V3 for FS2004.

Is there another function to be enabled for this information in FSUIPC V3?

No, it is entirely automatic. It sounds like you are using a VERY old version! Current version for FS9 is 3.999z.

Pete

You are right, as always. My FSUIPC version was 3.989p. You are so fast with new versions and functions. Great thanks.

Now I can read in FS9 the correct GUIDs.

Last question: Where can I get this information without FSUIPC, just with WIN7 on board utilities? Or what function call shall I use in my VB program?

thanks again

Alhard

Last question: Where can I get this information without FSUIPC, just with WIN7 on board utilities? Or what function call shall I use in my VB program?

It's info obtained from the Registry. you'd need to use the Registry access API calls. Check these keys in HKCU or HKLM

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\

for names, and

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\

for GUIDs.

it's not simple.

Pete