The simFlight Network Forums

Delaying SimConnect connection

Pete, I've gotten a few reports from my users regarding FSUIPC4 reporting that FSX is not "ready to fly". I check offsets 0x3364 and 0x3365 for a non-zero value, and if either reports != 0 I return back the message. When working with the users, they've provided FSUIPC logs that say "Delaying SimConnect connection".

I've tried googling this message with few results. I'm curious, what prompts FSUIPC to delay the SimConnect connection? It looks like it's been delayed here for around 33s, but then it connects just fine.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm enclosing one of my users' submitted logs.

Cheers!

Luke

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.86 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=67960000

User Name="foo"

User Addr="bar@foo.com"

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

93 System time = 25/03/2013 17:18:40

93 FLT path = "C:\Users\Darren\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

125 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

140 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

546 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

546 SIM1 Frictions access gained

546 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

546 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

546 Delaying SimConnect connection ...

33812 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

33812 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

33812 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

33812 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

33812 FSUIPC Menu entry added

33843 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

33843 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

43343 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\DVA_CRJ_700\CRJ-700-Series-701.AIR

54890 Weather Mode now = Real World

80953 C:\Users\Darren\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\IFR Metro Oakland Intl to Los Angeles Intl.PLN

133359 System time = 25/03/2013 17:20:53, Simulator time = 17:18:57 (01:18Z)

Pete, I've gotten a few reports from my users regarding FSUIPC4 reporting that FSX is not "ready to fly". I check offsets 0x3364 and 0x3365 for a non-zero value, and if either reports != 0 I return back the message. When working with the users, they've provided FSUIPC logs that say "Delaying SimConnect connection".

That is a result of the "InitDelay" option in the INI file to delay SimConnect connection. It was provided to allow possible conflicts with other SimConnect-using addons all trying to do things at the same time. It defaults to 0. From your log it seems the user has set it to 30.

Regards

Pete

Sorry to bump, but the user is having trouble finding the INI file - it's not in the Modules folder where I have mine. What directory does FSUIPC write its settings to?

Only the Modules folder. All of the FSUIPC related files are kept there, nowhere else. And he must have accessed his INI file to set the delay value as it isn't defaulted. And he seems to have supplied you the LOG file, which is next to the DLL and the INI file. Maybe he's got Windows hiding program filetypes -- the FSUIPC user guide warns of this -- in which case it's type would simply be "configuration settings" or similar.

Pete