The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Flight1 Mustang

Hello,

I run FSUIPC registered and just installed Flight1 Mustang with all of the accumulative updates in version 1.07. The problem I seem to be having is with the Mustang's Throttle (Power) Levers. Once I move them to Idle Cutoff, they will not move back to any other power setting. They are basically stuck in the Idle Cuttoff Detent. The only way to that I can move the levers after putting them into Idle Cutoff, is to abort with the ESC key and start a new flight with the Mustang, where the levers start out in the Idle position again.

Is FSUIPC causing this problem somehow/someway?

Has anyone else experienced the Mustang throttle (power) levers getting locked into Idle Cuttoff without being able to move them?

The click spots for putting the levers into Idle Cutoff don't seem to work AFTER the levers have been placed into Idle Cutoff. Those click spots DO work when the levers are not in Idle Cutoff.

This is seems rather strange.

Help, please!

Thanks.

I run FSUIPC registered and just installed Flight1 Mustang with all of the accumulative updates in version 1.07. The problem I seem to be having is with the Mustang's Throttle (Power) Levers. Once I move them to Idle Cutoff, they will not move back to any other power setting. They are basically stuck in the Idle Cuttoff Detent. The only way to that I can move the levers after putting them into Idle Cutoff, is to abort with the ESC key and start a new flight with the Mustang, where the levers start out in the Idle position again.

Is FSUIPC causing this problem somehow/someway?

How could it? It does what you ask of it, no more no less. Do your throttles worrk with other aircraft?

The click spots for putting the levers into Idle Cutoff don't seem to work AFTER the levers have been placed into Idle Cutoff. Those click spots DO work when the levers are not in Idle Cutoff.

Sorry, I don't know what "click spots" are.

Pete

How could it? It does what you ask of it, no more no less. Do your throttles worrk with other aircraft?

Sure, the throttle work with other aircraft as does FSUIPC. Its an API between FSX and Add-Ons which includes Aircraft Models. Since I did not write the code for either FSUIPC, FSX or the Mustang, I have no idea how they might interact - given the marketing materials you read about how "useful" FSUIPC is and will be for current and future Add-Ons.

That's why I asked the question of whether or not this was being caused by FSUIPC, as opposed to assuming that it definitely was being caused by that program.

Sorry, I don't know what "click spots" are.

Pete

Hmmm. That's odd. I thought you were the same Pete Dowson, who developed FSUIPC for FSX and as such, I would have bet anything on your knowledge that FSX aircraft (including Add-On Aircraft) have "click spots."

I found the problem but still can't solve it. The actual click spots are there and they do work. The problem now is that within the VC, the throttle level click-spot for the Right Engine Idle CutOff Detent, is somehow covered by the power lever itself, after that power lever is placed into the Idle CutOff Detent. The click-spot on Left Engine Idle CutOff Detent, is not covered by the power lever itself (graphically) and therefore, it does work.

So, clicking on the Left Engine Idle CutOff Detent, returns the power lever back to Idle position. But, doing the same on the Right Engine Idle CutOff does not because that click-spot appears to be covered, causing the mouse cursor never "see" the Right Engine Idle CutOff click-spot.

Definitely not an FSUIPC problem, but not knowing how FSUIPC interacted with the Mustang before now, there was no way for me to know. FSUIPC can be prevasive in its interaction with both FSX and third-party Add-Ons - so, I posed the question.

If anyone knows how to edit the Size of a Click Spot for certain components within an aircraft's Virtual Cockpit, I would appreciate the help. My guess is that if I can increase the click-spot size, then I can move it out from underneath the power lever just enough to get the mouse pointer to "see" it and activate it when hovering over it. That's one idea I have for fixing this problem - if anyone has a better theory/solution - your help is greatly appreciated.

I would have bet anything on your knowledge that FSX aircraft (including Add-On Aircraft) have "click spots."

Ah, you mean places on the screen where you click the mouse to do something? Sorry, I thought it was some specific device or switch on that aircraft. Why not describe it as "when using the mouse it works ..." instead of such an unusual technical term?

And, actually, I am completely unfamiliar with mouse usage or on-screen cockpits as I've always used hardware cockpits, the screen only ever showing external views.

Why are you using mouse clicking when you have a hardware throttle to do the job?

Thanks for the sarcasm, by the way. Doesn't exactly make my day.

Pete

Ah, you mean places on the screen where you click the mouse to do something? Sorry, I thought it was some specific device or switch on that aircraft. Why not describe it as "when using the mouse it works ..." instead of such an unusual technical term?

And, actually, I am completely unfamiliar with mouse usage or on-screen cockpits as I've always used hardware cockpits, the screen only ever showing external views.

Why are you using mouse clicking when you have a hardware throttle to do the job?

Thanks for the sarcasm, by the way. Doesn't exactly make my day.

Pete

I think the "sarcasm" has clearly been all yours. Any analysis of the English language and its various social prose, would highlight that fact fairly clearly for anyone having such ability.

I simply asked a question and recieved a rather defensive reply. I get it. I develop technology as well. The technology I develop is bespoke and used in mission critical environments. So, if someone who did not fully understand what the technology did or how it worked, came into a forum and asked the question of whether or not my technology was a potential candidate for causing a problem with another piece of technology, I might be have a slight defensive mentality towards that as well - at least in the short term.

However, if I knew that my technology was being marketed vaguely in certain areas of its usefulness with third-party technology, and I knew that a careful analytical reading of the marketing materials found on third-party websites gave the distinct impression that my technology could be an integral component in flight simulation, including (but not limited to) being the causal link between the flight simulation platform and other third-party technology (aircraft models), and someone came into forum that I frequent for the purpose of "helping" people "solve problems" and "better understand" how my technology worked, then I would lose the arrogant snare in a hurry and be about the business of truly helping people understand that vagueness in some of the marketing materials that I lean on to sell my product, is not necessarily causal for the problem they now experience with another product.

I can be just as sarcastic as you can clearly - and I may even do it better than you at times. But it gets us nowhere in the final analysis. I'd much rather find creative ways to be productive and maximize opportunites for success in all areas of my life.

Every third-party aircraft designer that I have read calls them "Click Spots." I've never heard third-party developer call them "places on the screen where you click the mouse to do something," until now.

The TPM is 'coming soon' to a desktop near me. Until then, I have to use the mouse to activate click spots.

I think the "sarcasm" has clearly been all yours.

by saying I didn't know what "click spots" were? What an odd interpretation.

I simply asked a question and recieved a rather defensive reply.

Defensive? i simply said that FSUIPC wouldn't do such things and asked you to check other aircraft, and also expressed ignorance about click spots. You are very strange to say the least, and evidently read a lot between lines which aren't even there in the first place. I suggest you just read what is written in future.

I don't think I'll answer anything else from you, ever. It's a bad experience and i really don't need them at my age.

Pete