The simFlight Network Forums

How to enable Mouse Look without Middle Mouse Button

I like having the FSUIPC Mouse Look function but some addons want to use the middle mouse button for clicking on buttons in the panel. Can I have FSUIPC Mouse Look enabled but just toggle it on/off with the spacebar, but disable FSUIPC from intercepting the middle mouse button for mouse look so that the addon can use that button?

Thanks,

Barry

I like having the FSUIPC Mouse Look function but some addons want to use the middle mouse button for clicking on buttons in the panel. Can I have FSUIPC Mouse Look enabled but just toggle it on/off with the spacebar, but disable FSUIPC from intercepting the middle mouse button for mouse look so that the addon can use that button?

Not at present. What add-ons use the middle mouse button, other than Ezcam (for the same purpose as FSUIPC)?

Pete

One add-on aircraft is the FeelThere ERJ 135/145. In the 3D cockpit view, it uses the middle mouse button to sync the heading bug to the aircraft's current heading. Having said that, I quickly realized this convenience was no match for the conveniences provided by FSUIPC, and I adapted.

Not at present. What add-ons use the middle mouse button, other than Ezcam (for the same purpose as FSUIPC)?

Pete

The FeelThere Phenom 100 uses the middle mouse for some functions, for example switching between NAV1/NAV2 and COM1/COM2, and also to sync MCP dials, eg the HDG mentioned above. I also have the FeelThere ERJ.

I guess I'll just disable Mouse Look when flying these planes.

Thanks,

Barry

I guess I'll just disable Mouse Look when flying these planes.

It's easy enough to add an INI file option to set FSUIPC to not use the Middle Button at all. This would affect Mouse Look and the switching option between Mouse Move and Mouse Trim, so it would still be okay provided only one of those two were used, and the mouse look was handled by the controls instead.

It'll be in the next interim update, 4,868, later today.

Regards

Pete

What is Mouse Move? I could not find it in the docs.

Ah! Well spotted! Seems I forgot to add it to the user documentation!!! I'll fix that read for the next full update. Sorry.

Meanwhile, check the FSUIPC4 History document, first item in the Version 4.84 section.

Regards

Pete