The simFlight Network Forums

Is there a way to get rid of that green text line ?

I have been struggling with this for longest time and I can't find the solution

I have tried all kinds of CFG entries as well as FSUIPC buttons but nothing works. ( I have a payware and latest version )

please help

In FS9 there was a simple solution and it worked like a charm, but nothing in FSX

attached is my CFG

TH

mike

green.jpg

fsxCFG.zip

I have tried all kinds of CFG entries as well as FSUIPC buttons but nothing works. ( I have a payware and latest version )

please help

In FS9 there was a simple solution and it worked like a charm, but nothing in FSX

Sorry, in FSX such text can only be handled by FSUIPC if it is sent to FSX through FSUIPC. In FS9 all programs sent text there through FSUIPC, and also FSUIPC could intercept FS9's own texts. Not in FSX though. :-(

It is something i tried hard to achieve -- also, and even more importantly for me, the ATC menu screens and other menus like that. But i failed miserably!

Regards

Pete

Peter

I appreciate your definite answer.

I will stop hoping for that to be handled and try to live with it.

it is quite surprising how quite a few things there are very important like the airport beacon and that text line that are actually deteriorating not getting better with "progress" of our simulation.

happy landings

I will stop hoping for that to be handled and try to live with it.

I'm lucky in that I use a projected display, seen through my cockpit window, and can't easily see the top of the screen, not without leaning forward and craning my neck up!

I suppose you could always use Windowed mode and enlarge it enough so you could drag that part off the top of your screen. That would make menu access a bit awkward though.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Pete...

Is there any way to change the location of FSUIPC`s own text line? It is placed on top of the red text from FSX itself (the text displayed via Shift-Z) I can drag the FSUIPC line of text down a bit, but have to do that every time I load up. So if there is a way to program FSUIPC to display the text a few lines down the screen it would really be cool.

Is there any way to change the location of FSUIPC`s own text line?

FSUIPC doesn't have a text line. They are all FS's.

It is placed on top of the red text from FSX itself (the text displayed via Shift-Z) I can drag the FSUIPC line of text down a bit, but have to do that every time I load up.

If you mean the normal text bar which is FS's (eg fir ATIS), and which can also be used by programs directly or via FSUIPC, then I'm pretty sure its location and state (docked or undocked, and shape) is saved when you save a flight. It's one of the "Window" sections in the saved FLT file I think. Have you tried?

Pete

Sorry Pete. You are of course correct (well you created the program so I guess you would know...LOL) The text line is used by many things apart from FSUIPC.

What I meant was if there is any way IN FSUIPC to freeze the line a little lower than standard FSX - as DEFAULT? But I guess from your answer that it has to be done via save flight, and hey thats ok...

Thanks for the answer.

Ole

• 1 month later...

please help

The latest interim version of FSUIPC4 (4.905) includes a facilty for diverting those messages -- provided they come from an application program via SimConnect -- to a WideFS client. You could use this to simply stop the messages appearing altogether, effectively just losing them, if you wished.

This only works with FSX SP2 or Acceleration and requires the addition of a parameter to the INI file. The "changes" document in the download ZIP gives you the gen.

However, the messages won't be suppressed on screen unless FSUIPC is made to think that a WideClient somewhere on the connected network is capturing them. You can fool it by setting offset 333D to 1. You could do this with a button assigned to "offset byte set" with offset 333D and parameter 1, or maybe by having a macro automatically run (via [Auto]) to do the same thing.

Regards

Pete