The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic Reset

Hi Pete!

I have managed to get an AI Traffic Reset to work in FSX by reading, setting and re-setting the 0250+ offsets. However, is there a similiar way in FS9, because this approach doesn't work there? I just need to delete all the AI traffic worldwide and then reset the previously user-defined density setting.

Thanks,

Bernd

I have managed to get an AI Traffic Reset to work in FSX by reading, setting and re-setting the 0250+ offsets.

You can also do it via the added FS controls for this -- see the list of added controls inthe Advanced User's guide.

However, is there a similiar way in FS9, because this approach doesn't work there? I just need to delete all the AI traffic worldwide and then reset the previously user-defined density setting.

Sorry, no. That would need hacking into the FS9 code and I'm not doing more of that at this stage.

Regards

Pete

You can also do it via the added FS controls for this -- see the list of added controls inthe Advanced User's guide.

Sorry, no. That would need hacking into the FS9 code and I'm not doing more of that at this stage.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the infe Pete. Any idea how commercial weather engines like ASE do this in FS9, because they have a Reset AI function build in.

Thanks,

Bernd

Regards

Pete

I'm a bit confused now: in the FS Controls section of the advanced users guide you list a Traffic Toggle Command (1009) which should also work in FS9. Wouldn't this be exactly what I need? However, I couldn't figure out from the documentation if I can trigger the Traffic Toggle without creating a hot key that the user would have to press!? :)

Thanks,

Bernd

I'm a bit confused now: in the FS Controls section of the advanced users guide you list a Traffic Toggle Command (1009) which should also work in FS9. Wouldn't this be exactly what I need?

Yes, sorry. I thought you wanted the individual slider settings not the global airliner one. There's just no equivalent in FS9 of those offsets.

However, I couldn't figure out from the documentation if I can trigger the Traffic Toggle without creating a hot key that the user would have to press!? :)

If you were able to access the offsets you wanted in FSUIPC4, then you can access offset 3110 too in either FS9 or FSX, and send any control you wish -- including those. The numbers you need are listed in the Advancxed User's guide.

Pete