The simFlight Network Forums

I uninstalled, then reinstalled ( long story )FSUIPC , then tried to open FSX and got this; ERROR- FS WAS UNABLE TO LOAD SOME PROGRAM FILES AND WILL NOW EXIT. PLEASE REINSTALL FS TO RESTORE OR REPAIR THE PROGRAM INSTALLATION.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled ( long story )FSUIPC , then tried to open FSX and got this; ERROR- FS WAS UNABLE TO LOAD SOME PROGRAM FILES AND WILL NOW EXIT. PLEASE REINSTALL FS TO RESTORE OR REPAIR THE PROGRAM INSTALLATION.

Why uninstall? How exactly did you "uninstall"? Sounds like you deleted something you shouldn't! There's no error remotely like that than can be induced by any add-on or lack of one, it is more to do with missing critical parts of FSX itself.

It is never necessary to "uninstall" any part of FSUIPC. If you want to test something without it, just move the FSUIPC4.DLL or rename it FSUIPC4.DLX or something. Additionally, the Modules folder in FSX is not a part of the base FSX installation, but created by FSUIPC's Installer and other add-ons which like to place things there. It sounds like in your haste to uninstall things you started to work on the DLLs in the main FSX folder, all of which are essential parts of FSX.

I'd recommend you take heed of what FSX is telling you, and run its repair. You'll probably then need to rerun the SP1 and SP2, or Acceleration, updates.

Regards

Pete

I did the repair successfully, I'll not do that again. My reasoning for uninstalling FSUIPC was that I was having trouble programing EZDOK. I thought by uninstalling FSUIPC, I could do EZDOK, then reinstall FSUIPC. Thanks Pete

Edited by jetsmell

Cannot place FSUIPC 4 DLL into FSX Modules Folder.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

That means that FSX is still running even though it may appear like its closed, open the program manager and kill FSX.exe, now try the FSUIPC installer again.

I can't get into my FSUIPC controls to program keys. I used the registration key that was given me at purchase, doesn't work.

You likely didn't enter the registration details exactly as you did when you bought FSUIPC. Your name, the FSUIPC key and your email address must be exactly the same as shown in the store where you bought FSUIPC from and its the email address you used when you bought FSUIPC, not whatever your email address might be now. Login to Simmarket and look at your order history, you should see the registration details there, copy them EXACTLY.

If it still doesn't work then it's possible that your PC date and time is incorrect. If the date on your PC is set to a date before you purchased FSUIPC the registration details will not work, as it will appear invalid.