The simFlight Network Forums

[Error=740] LINDA

Hello,

I am getting this error.

FSUIPC couldn't run: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda.exe" [Error=740]

Can you help?

Also. When I try to map my rudder peddels through FSUIPC the range is VERY small. Almost non existent. Could you help. I am running FSX on Windows 8 64 bit.

I am getting this error.

FSUIPC couldn't run: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda.exe" [Error=740]

I think error 740 means that the program cannot be executed because of a difference in privileges. If you are running FS "as administrator" and Linda.exe is not set to run in that mode, or vice versa, I suspect you'd get such an error. You shouldn't need to run anything in administrator mode, but if you run one thing you have to run all related things in that mode.

Also. When I try to map my rudder peddels through FSUIPC the range is VERY small. Almost non existent. Could you help. I am running FSX on Windows 8 64 bit.

Sounds like you've not calibrated them properly. Please follow the numbered staps in the Calibration part of the User Guide. Any range of inputs will map to the full needs of FS once proper calibration is performed. In fact that's really the whole point of the exercise.

Regards

Pete

OK. I did what you asked on the calibration. The rudder beddles do not respon on some occations and move just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit on other occasions. I did the calibrating 3 times for rudder beddle selection to calibration. Not sure what to do. It works when I use FSX for the rudder peddles, BUT the some times work or some times dont like when I use them through FSUIPC. The difference it when they do work they have a FULL rang of motion. I dont want to do that because I am getting the joystick dropping off the face of the planet problem with Windows 8. Other suggestions?

PS LINDA works fine now.

OK. I did what you asked on the calibration. The rudder beddles do not respon on some occations and move just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit on other occasions. I did the calibrating 3 times for rudder beddle selection to calibration. Not sure what to do. It works when I use FSX for the rudder peddles, BUT the some times work or some times dont like when I use them through FSUIPC. The difference it when they do work they have a FULL rang of motion. I dont want to do that because I am getting the joystick dropping off the face of the planet problem with Windows 8. Other suggestions?

Sorry, I am getting muddled here. Which part of all that refers to assignment in FSUIPC, and which to assignment in FSX? Perhaps you could separate those out for me. I ask this because both FSUIPC and FSX read joysticks in EXACTLY the same way.

As for erratic movement, assuming you've really calibrated them correctly, then either you have dual conflicting assignments, or a faulty device, cable, USB port or driver.

For calibration checking please show me your FSUIPC4.INI file which you can find in the FSX Modules folder. You can paste it into a message here.

For conflicting axes, check if using FSUIPC for assignment that you have either disabled controllers in FSX, or certainly unassigned all the axes you are assigning in FSUIPC. Best to disable them -- do this to test in any case.

If you want a double-check, enable Axis logging in FSUIPC's logging tab and view the log entries as you move the pedals. If you run FSX in Windowed mode and enable FSUIPC's Console logging you can see this as it happens, on the screen.

Regards

Pete

Ok sorry for the confusion. when I spoke of the calibration I was refering to FSUICP. Here is the fine you asked for.

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=4800

History=NAD0MW8JOGGOLW3ZHVN8T

AxesWrongRange=No

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

DontResetAxes=No

InitDelay=0

GetNearestAirports=Yes

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

CustomWeatherModify=No

SimConnectStallTime=1

LuaRerunDelay=66

Console=No

MouseWheelTrim=No

MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1

JoystickTimeout=20

PollGFTQ6=Yes

BlankDisplays=No

FixControlAccel=No

FixMachSpeedBug=No

DeleteVehiclesForAES=no

VisibilityOptions=No

OneCloudLayer=No

CloudTurbulence=No

CloudIcing=No

GenerateCirrus=Yes

SuppressCloudTurbulence=No

MaxIce=3

MinIce=-1

UpperWindGusts=No

SuppressWindTurbulence=No

SuppressWindVariance=No

WindTurbulence=No

TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0

TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40

SuppressAllGusts=No

MaxSurfaceWind=0

WindLimitLevel=200

WindDiscardLevel=400

WindAjustAltitude=No

WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000

SmoothBySimTime=No

WindSmoothing=No

WindSmoothness=2

WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes

PressureSmoothness=0

TemperatureSmoothness=0

DisconnTrimForAP=No

ZeroElevForAPAlt=No

ThrottleSyncAll=No

WhiteMessages=No

ShowPMcontrols=No

SpoilerIncrement=512

MagicBattery=No

RudderSpikeRemoval=No

ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No

AileronSpikeRemoval=No

ReversedElevatorTrim=No

ClockSync=No

ClockSyncMins=5

ClearWeatherDynamics=No

OwnWeatherChanges=No

TimeForSelect=4

LoadFlightMenu=No

LoadPlanMenu=No

PauseAfterCrash=No

BrakeReleaseThreshold=75

SaveDataWithFlights=No

ZapSound=firework

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

UseProfiles=Yes

EnableMouseLook=No

LogEvents=Yes

FSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.61472.0

SimConnectUsed=10.0.61259.0

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

0.GUID={B27EEE90-992E-11DB-8007-444553540000}

1=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

1.GUID={B27F15A0-992E-11DB-8008-444553540000}

2=Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant

2.GUID={B27F3CB0-992E-11DB-8009-444553540000}

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

[sounds]

Path=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Device3=AMD DP Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)

Device4=Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

Device5=Digital Audio (HDMI) (High Definition Audio Device)

[buttons]

Buttonrepeat=20,10

[AutoSave]

Next=1

Interval=60

Files=10

SaveOnGround=No

AutoSaveEnabled=No

[GPSout]

GPSoutEnabled=No

Port=WideFS

Speed=4800

Interval=2000

PosTo6Decimal=No

Sentences=

[GPSout2]

GPSoutEnabled=No

Port=<none set>

Speed=4800

Interval=2000

PosTo6Decimal=No

Sentences=

[VRInsight]

1=COM3

[Programs]

\\Run1=HIDE,"E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.bat"

\\RunIf1=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda.exe

[MacroFiles]

1=leveld767

[LuaFiles]

1=ipcReady

2=linda

[window.LUA display]

Docked=7366, 3243, 3559, 747

Ok sorry for the confusion. when I spoke of the calibration I was refering to FSUICP.

I understood that part. It was all your other statements that confused the issue. Here: I'll number them for you:

1. The rudder beddles do not respon on some occations and move just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit on other occasions. I did the calibrating 3 times for rudder beddle selection to calibration. Not sure what to do.

So, I am to understand you calibrated 3 times (why?) but you are not happy with the results.

2. It works when I use FSX for the rudder peddles

So, if you ASSIGN in FSX instead of ASSIGNING them in FSUIPC? But if you had the calibration still set in FSUIPC they will still be calibrated the same. So what do you really mean here?

3. BUT the some times work or some times dont like when I use them through FSUIPC.

So this is repeating part of number 1? By "when I use them through FSUIPC" are you talking about ASSIGNMENT or CALIBRATION? Because they are two separate things. FSUIPC's calibration works no matter where or how you assign them!

4. The difference it when they do work they have a FULL rang of motion.

When they work with assignment in FSX or assigtnment in FSUIPC? The calibration is the same.

5. I dont want to do that because I am getting the joystick dropping off the face of the planet problem with Windows 8.

You don't wnat to do what? Have a FULL range of motion, or have them assigned in FSUIPC, or have them assigned in FSX? I don't know what parts refer to what.

Do you see the confusion. You jumbled everything up and I cannot make out what refers to what! And you must always be clear about ASSIGNMENT and CALIBRATION.

Here is the fine you asked for.

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=4800

Well there's one problem. 4.80 is not supported. You must be on 4.90 or later!

The second is that there are no assignments, not buttons nor axes, nor any calibrations whatsoever shown in your INI file as posted. You are effectively not using FSUIPC at all according to that. Did you only post a small part of it or what?

Additionally you did not answer these points:

For conflicting axes, check if using FSUIPC for assignment that you have either disabled controllers in FSX, or certainly unassigned all the axes you are assigning in FSUIPC. Best to disable them -- do this to test in any case.

If you want a double-check, enable Axis logging in FSUIPC's logging tab and view the log entries as you move the pedals. If you run FSX in Windowed mode and enable FSUIPC's Console logging you can see this as it happens, on the screen.

Please first update FSUIPC. Then either use FSX for all assignments or DISABLE controllers n FSX and use FSUIPC. THEN follow the dicumented and numbered steps for calibration in FSUIPC. See the Usere Guide.

If you do this properly and your rudder pedals still give problems, I think you might consider returning them to Saitek.

Regards

Pete

I understood that part. It was all your other statements that confused the issue. Here: I'll number them for you:

1. The rudder beddles do not respon on some occations and move just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit on other occasions. I did the calibrating 3 times for rudder beddle selection to calibration. Not sure what to do.

So, I am to understand you calibrated 3 times (why?) but you are not happy with the results.

After the Calibration, the problem still exsisted so I did it 2 more times with no improvement.

2. It works when I use FSX for the rudder peddles

So, if you ASSIGN in FSX instead of ASSIGNING them in FSUIPC? But if you had the calibration still set in FSUIPC they will still be calibrated the same. So what do you really mean here?

I ASSIGNED the peddles through FSUIPC. What I was trying to express was at one time I ASSIGNED the peddles the FSX and the rest through FSUIPC. It worked for a while but FSX dropped the peddles after a while. So I went cleared the FSX axis and went fully with FSUIPC BUT the small rang of motion existed after assighnment AND calibration in FSUIPC

3. BUT the some times work or some times dont like when I use them through FSUIPC.

So this is repeating part of number 1? By "when I use them through FSUIPC" are you talking about ASSIGNMENT or CALIBRATION? Because they are two separate things. FSUIPC's calibration works no matter where or how you assign them!

If I repetedly press the rudder peddles the would work to turn durring taxi, but after I centered the wheel again I would have to repetedly press the rudderpeddles for them to do a full range of motion. It was quite sparatic as to when they would work while taxiing

4. The difference it when they do work they have a FULL rang of motion.

When they work with assignment in FSX or assigtnment in FSUIPC? The calibration is the same.

in FSUIPC

5. I dont want to do that because I am getting the joystick dropping off the face of the planet problem with Windows 8.

You don't wnat to do what? Have a FULL range of motion, or have them assigned in FSUIPC, or have them assigned in FSX? I don't know what parts refer to what.

I dont want to have all the controls in FSUIPC while the peddles are in FSX.

Do you see the confusion. You jumbled everything up and I cannot make out what refers to what! And you must always be clear about ASSIGNMENT and CALIBRATION.

Well there's one problem. 4.80 is not supported. You must be on 4.90 or later!

I am looking dead at my FSUIPC options page and it clearly says I AM runing 4.90. Considering you did not see my button and Axis assignments nor seeing the proper version, could this ini mistakenly be loaded?

The second is that there are no assignments, not buttons nor axes, nor any calibrations whatsoever shown in your INI file as posted. You are effectively not using FSUIPC at all according to that. Did you only post a small part of it or what?

Not sure why you are getting that. I sent the entire INI file. I have the Yoke and Throttle assigned in FSUIPC and they work well. I did have a problem doing each throttle individually. They would get assigned then behave erratically in the gams so I just made one lever control all throttles and it worked fine.

Additionally you did not answer these points:

They are all disabled in FSX

I did not know how to do this but I do now. I will check.

OK. I checked the console mode. The rudder peddles did not register when I moved them through their full range of motion when the plane was stationary. However if the plane was moving they did register BUT the range of motion was tiny. If I moved the peddles through the full range of motion they would react better for a second but afer returing to center position, and trying to use them again they did not register when stationary and they moved a tiny bit again when the plane was moving. This is while assigned in FSUIPC and after the calibration.

Ok. with further inspection. there is a file that says FSUIPC.INI and one that is FSUIPC with no extrention. They are both in the module folder. The one with the INI extention is the one I sent you. This is the one WITHOUT the extention. Should they both exist?

[General]

DeleteVehiclesForAES=No

UpdatedByVersion=4900

History=PUUDBMH72PKQV48LWF8TB

MouseWheelTrim=No

MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1

JoystickTimeout=20

PollGFTQ6=Yes

BlankDisplays=No

FixControlAccel=No

FixMachSpeedBug=No

DeleteVehiclesForAES=yes

VisibilityOptions=No

OneCloudLayer=No

CloudTurbulence=No

CloudIcing=No

GenerateCirrus=No

SuppressCloudTurbulence=No

MaxIce=3

MinIce=-1

UpperWindGusts=No

SuppressWindTurbulence=No

SuppressWindVariance=No

WindTurbulence=No

TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0

TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40

SuppressAllGusts=No

MaxSurfaceWind=0

WindLimitLevel=200

WindDiscardLevel=400

WindAjustAltitude=No

WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000

SmoothBySimTime=No

WindSmoothing=No

WindSmoothness=2

WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes

PressureSmoothness=0

TemperatureSmoothness=0

DisconnTrimForAP=No

ZeroElevForAPAlt=No

ThrottleSyncAll=No

WhiteMessages=No

ShowPMcontrols=No

SpoilerIncrement=512

MagicBattery=No

RudderSpikeRemoval=No

ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No

AileronSpikeRemoval=No

ReversedElevatorTrim=No

ClockSync=No

ClockSyncMins=5

ClearWeatherDynamics=No

OwnWeatherChanges=No

TimeForSelect=4

LoadFlightMenu=No

LoadPlanMenu=No

PauseAfterCrash=No

BrakeReleaseThreshold=75

SaveDataWithFlights=No

ZapSound=firework

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

UseProfiles=Yes

EnableMouseLook=Yes

AxesWrongRange=No

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=No

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

DontResetAxes=No

GetNearestAirports=Yes

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

CustomWeatherModify=No

SimConnectStallTime=1

LuaRerunDelay=66

Console=No

InitDelayDevicesToo=No

MouseWheelMove=No

AutoScanDevices=Yes

OOMcheck=Yes

InitDelay=0

UseMidMouseBtn=Yes

FSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.61472.0

SimConnectUsed=10.0.61259.0

LogEvents=Yes

LogAxes=Yes

LogButtonsKeys=Yes

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

0.GUID={A2852EB0-AD12-11E2-8003-444553540000}

1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

1.GUID={A2879FB0-AD12-11E2-8007-444553540000}

2=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

2.GUID={A2879FB0-AD12-11E2-800C-444553540000}

[buttons]

Buttonrepeat=20,10

1=P0,21,C65602,0

3=P0,4,C65564,0

4=P0,3,C1065,0

5=P2,32,C65682,0

6=P2,36,C66145,0

7=P2,38,C65680,0

8=P2,34,C65676,0

9=P2,1,C65567,0

10=P2,7,C66153,0

12=R0,6,C65602,0

13=P2,6,C65876,0

14=P2,4,C65564,0

[AutoSave]

Next=1

Interval=60

Files=10

SaveOnGround=No

AutoSaveEnabled=No

[GPSout]

GPSoutEnabled=No

Port=COM1

Speed=4800

Interval=2000

PosTo6Decimal=No

SimModeIndicator=No

Sentences=

[GPSout2]

GPSoutEnabled=No

Port=<none set>

Speed=4800

Interval=2000

PosTo6Decimal=No

SimModeIndicator=No

Sentences=

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

[sounds]

Path=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

[VRInsight]

1=com3

[MacroFiles]

1=iFly737

2=leveld767

3=767

4=MADDOG2

[LuaFiles]

1=ipcReady

2=linda

[window.LUA display]

Docked=7354, 2836, 3545, 2457

[Programs]

\\RunIf1=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda.exe

\\Run1=HIDE,"E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.bat"

RunIf1=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda.exe

[JoystickCalibration]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=66731

RudderTrimControl=66732

CowlFlaps1Control=66162

CowlFlaps2Control=66163

CowlFlaps3Control=66164

CowlFlaps4Control=66165

SteeringTillerControl=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

LeftBrake=-16384,16383/16

RightBrake=-16384,16383/16

MapThr1to234=Yes

MapThr12to123=Yes

MapThr12to34=Yes

Spoilers=-16380,16380/16

Throttle1=-16380,-512,512,16380

Flaps=-16384,16383/16

PanHeading=-16380,-512,512,16380

PanPitch=-16380,-512,512,16380

PanTilt=-16380,-512,512,16380

SteeringTiller=-16380,-512,512,16380

SlewAlt=-16380,-512,512,16380

SlewSide=-16380,-512,512,16380

SlewAhead=-16380,-512,512,16380

SlewHeading=-16380,-512,512,16380

Rudder=-16384,64,64,16383

[Axes]

0=0X,256,D,4,0,0,0

1=0Z,256,D,23,0,0,0

2=0U,256,D,9,0,0,0

3=0V,256,D,10,0,0,0

4=1X,256,D,7,0,0,0

5=1Y,256,D,8,0,0,0

6=1R,1,D,3,0,0,0

7=2X,256,D,1,0,0,0

8=2Y,256,D,2,0,0,0

9=2Z,256,D,22,0,0,0

10=2V,256,D,4,0,0,0

After the Calibration, the problem still exsisted so I did it 2 more times with no improvement.

Repeating the same thing rarely makes things any different.

I ASSIGNED the peddles through FSUIPC. What I was trying to express was at one time I ASSIGNED the peddles the FSX and the rest through FSUIPC. It worked for a while but FSX dropped the peddles after a while.

Is that the well-known (?) Win8 bug? Don't you think the same thing might happen in FSUIPC too -- after all it is using the same DirectInput interface into Win8?

So I went cleared the FSX axis and went fully with FSUIPC BUT the small rang of motion existed after assighnment AND calibration in FSUIPC

Rather than "clear the FSX axis", did you not try actually disabling controllers in FSX? They do have a habit of getting automatically re-assigned, especially if they "come and go" as appears to be the case in Win8. And if they are still assigned, because of this, when they are "gone" their last fixed read value will stick and interfere with inputs from FSUIPC.

If I repetedly press the rudder peddles the would work to turn durring taxi, but after I centered the wheel again I would have to repetedly press the rudderpeddles for them to do a full range of motion. It was quite sparatic as to when they would work while taxiing

That most certainly sounds like interference from another source -- i.e. FSX. But did you ever test them in the air? (See below for reason).

I am looking dead at my FSUIPC options page and it clearly says I AM runing 4.90. Considering you did not see my button and Axis assignments nor seeing the proper version, could this ini mistakenly be loaded?

Seems so. How are you getting the wrong one? [Anserewed later I think ...]

They are all disabled in FSX

By disabling controllers or by unassigning axes etc?

Oh, I see further messages ... I'll add answers to those here too ...

========================================================

OK. I checked the console mode. The rudder peddles did not register when I moved them through their full range of motion when the plane was stationary. However if the plane was moving they did register BUT the range of motion was tiny. If I moved the peddles through the full range of motion they would react better for a second but afer returing to center position, and trying to use them again they did not register when stationary and they moved a tiny bit again when the plane was moving.

Is this with default aircraft? How are you observing the rudder operation -- by the actual graphic? You do know that the rudder movement on real airliners is limited on the ground? For instance on a 737 it is limited to 7% The more sophisticated add-on models might simulate this (as in fact FSUIPC does if you also use the steering tiller).

Ok. with further inspection. there is a file that says FSUIPC.INI and one that is FSUIPC with no extrention. They are both in the module folder. The one with the INI extention is the one I sent you. This is the one WITHOUT the extention. Should they both exist?

Oh dear. Please check the FSUIPC Installation or User Guide which tells you, early on, how to stop Windows from hiding file extentions from you for common filetypes. That is always going to confuse the issue!

NONE of the files will be without a filetype extension. The ".INI" file you saw with that type will probably be a TEXT file, one you saved sometime -- it's real filename is probably FSUIPC.INI.TXT because that's how you saved it. It won't be FSUIPC's doing.

According to the INI file you have a Steering Tiller calibrated:

SteeringTiller=-16380,-512,512,16380

As you don't appear to have one assigned, what is that for? Try deleting that line or going to the steering tiller tab and pressing the Reset button. If FSUIPC thinks you are using a steering tiller then it limits the rudder action to zero when stationary, increasing to 100% at the threshold speed (default 60 knots). It doesn't limit it when flying -- did you ever check the rudder when NOT on the ground?

Couple of points on your FSUIPC axis assignments:

You have two different axes both assigned to the generic throttle:

0=0X,256,D,4,0,0,0

10=2V,256,D,4,0,0,0

and you also have two further axes assigned to Throttle 1 and Throttle 2.

2=0U,256,D,9,0,0,0

3=0V,256,D,10,0,0,0

Don't you find the throttle controls a bit, er wonky? I would expect all those to interact with each other!

Assuming you fix all this, if you still get problems then logging is the only way to find out what is going on.

Regards

Pete

Hello. Ok. The Steering Tiller did the trick. Yes, the rudder did work properly in the air. This has been a very educational excercise. I will look at the throttle issue. That was bothering me as well.

Thank you for your maticulous troubleshooting.

Kent