The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Throttle

Hi

Something I dont think happened before but I am trying to calibrate my throttle quadrant with the Majestic Q400 and have noticed this:

When I have my throttle levers at idle they represent a value of 0, so far so good. When I move the levers to approx 50% they then show as 16124 which is the max setting - and from 50% to 100% there is no change the value stays at 16124 (the max)

This effects how the PL levers perform i.e. I only have half the range!

I hope this makes sense and I welcome any help suggestions :)

Cheers

Something I dont think happened before but I am trying to calibrate my throttle quadrant with the Majestic Q400 and have noticed this:

When I have my throttle levers at idle they represent a value of 0, so far so good. When I move the levers to approx 50% they then show as 16124 which is the max setting - and from 50% to 100% there is no change the value stays at 16124 (the max)

Have you tested with a default aircraft. That's always the first thing to do.

And where are seeing these values? If you mean that is what shows in the Axis Assignments tab in FSUIPC then thee is something wrong with your device, or more likely its driver. The input value shown in the assignments tab is just wheat is arriving into FSUIPC from Windows.

If you mean in the "IN" value on the calibration tab, and you are assigning in FS instead of in FSUIPC, then the most lilely problem is that your sensitivity slider in FS is not at max and/or the null zone slider is not at min.

If you mean in the "OUT" value in the 4 throttles page, then you should realise that the normal values for a throttle with reverse zone are -4096 for full reverse, through 0 for idle, to a maximum of 16383 for full thrust. So an output value like that is correct for a throttle calibrated without selecting the "NRZ" (No reverse zone) option.

For a normal generic throttle with no reverse range the range can be -16384 to +16383, with -16384 being idle. 0 would then be half thrust.

To get the correct values for OUT in whatever mode you are selecting, you need to calibrate correctly. You will see what you see if, for examply, you calibrated the max thrust position with the lever half way up.

Regards

Pete