The simFlight Network Forums

No control processing

Hi All,

I've a problem with FSUIPC. I had it installed fine and was working perfectly. I didn't use my FSX computer for some time (since before the problem with the certificate) so when finally booting up my PC for the first time to load FSX in a while, I updated all software, including FSUIPC to the latest versions.

Now that first flight went just fine, all worked as expected. The problem came the second time I tried to use FSX. I have my ailerons and toe brakes assigned via FSUIPC and not through the FSX controls. When I try to move an FSUIPC assigned axis, nothing moves. But when added via FSX it does work. The only method I've found to make it work, is to reinstall FSUIPC before each flight.

I've no idea what is going on so could anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Now that first flight went just fine, all worked as expected. The problem came the second time I tried to use FSX. I have my ailerons and toe brakes assigned via FSUIPC and not through the FSX controls. When I try to move an FSUIPC assigned axis, nothing moves. But when added via FSX it does work. The only method I've found to make it work, is to reinstall FSUIPC before each flight.

Installing FSUIPC does nothing except put the FSUIPC DLL into the Modules folder. Replacing a DLL with an identical DLL cannot possibly influence what then happens.

If when you "reinstall" you are actually deleting things, then you are making a big mistake. ALL of your FSUIPC settings are in your FSUIPC INI file in the Modules folder. Unless you want to start with a completely unused FSUIPC with no assignments, nothing, never delete that.

I think you'll need to look elsewhere for your problems. As I say, reinstalling does nothing whatsoever to change anything.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for that fast response Pete. I guess it working after is a conincidence - I'll check my load order and see if there is something that I'm doing. To your knowledge are there any known conflicts with ActiveSky 2012/TrackIR5?

No, none at all. Neither of those use FSUIPC and there's no conflict. I use both of them. Also EZCA, OpusFSX, GSX, AES, etc etc.

One important question, though. You said "I have my ailerons and toe brakes assigned via FSUIPC and not through the FSX controls". Does that imply that you have other axes assigned in FSX instead? So you are mixing the control inputs from devices between FSX and FSUIPC?

If you are, then that is a very bad idea. Even if you unassign axes in FSX, it will often automatically reassign them next time it starts up if it things the device is newly-attached, which it can easily do if they've either been detached or "gone to sleep" because of USB power management.

If axes (or buttons) are assigned in both places there will be conflicts which may have any odd effects, including preventing either moving. You should consider either assigning everything in FSX or everything in FSUIPC4. In the latter case disable the controllers in FSX to stop it reassigning them.

Note that you do not need to assign in FSUIPC4 to make use of its calibration and other facilities. FSUIPC will calibrate FSX-assigned axes too.

Pete