The simFlight Network Forums

CH-Yoke on the slave-System via WideFS and FSUIPC? ...and other questions...

Hy there!

At very first: I'm really bad in searching forums for topics, so if this topic might be handeled somewhere pretty close allready, I was't able to find it.

Just tell me where.

I have installed the registered version of FSUIPC on my Server-PC (Master_System; WIN7 prof, 64 bit) and WideFS on my (first and so far only) client-PC (slave-system; Win7 prof, 32 bit) few days ago, and that looks fine so far.

I'm not at all a programmer, nor do I have any experience with visual or c++ or that stuff, nor yet real in any serious cockpit building ... !

I've only for example been changing cfg's manually and stuff like that so far.

FlightSimCommander works on the second PC, it was quite some fumbeling getting that done, especially all the setting for the network, but it works.

Completely, I would say.

It takes control of planes autopilot , when I want it to, and it updates the database correctly, when I want it to.

Also (the unregistered version so far, I first want to see, what it does, (AND WHAT I CAN MAKE IT DO !!!) FSXpand and FSClient work fine.

FSXpand plus one FSclient with it's own IP on my Master-PC, and two Clients with eych one it's own IP on my Slave-PC.

I do this very much to experience what's possible for me, and then, later on, decide how to continue.

I might soon find some answers for my quenstion in some documentation or somewhere in forums, but I can only read and work little parts of the documentations and infos every day, or my head will go into emergency-procedures and just switch off. :smile:

Just to see, what's possible for the future, and to also setup my IvAp+Teamspeak onto the slave-PC, I plugged my old and damaged CH-Yoke into this. (I have the new one on master-PC and to work FSX, thats fine).

The old one is recogniced by the slave-system. (Having tried this old one on the master-pc, it was also recognised and FSX was albe to work both Yokes).

Info: I want to reconnect one of the left yoke switches of the master-PC (FSX) to the yoke plugged into the slave-system, to then work teamspeak via "joy-to-key" on the slave-system (I somewhere read, "joy-to-key" isn't able to work via WideFS and FSUIPC, but IvAp is).

But I don't get the yoke connected to FSX now??? Dont find it in FSUIPC ..

Can I?

Somehow?

My next problem is the IvAp itself, I don't get it working on the slave so far but there should be other forums for this in IVAO I guess.

Looked so easy, now it won't work so far .....

BUT:

Do I / how do I get the CH-Yoke plugged in the slavePC to work MasterPCs FSX?

That has to do something with cockpit biulding, and my experience is not eneough yet for this ....

Thanx for reading this and if so, for any answer and any good advice!

Greetings, Andy

At very first: I'm really bad in searching forums for topics, so if this topic might be handeled somewhere pretty close allready, I was't able to find it.

Just tell me where.

First of all I need to understand what part of this message is asking a question.

I might soon find some answers for my quenstion in some documentation or somewhere in forums, but I can only read and work little parts of the documentations and infos every day, or my head will go into emergency-procedures and just switch off. :smile:

So what are the questions?

Just to see, what's possible for the future, and to also setup my IvAp+Teamspeak onto the slave-PC, I plugged my old and damaged CH-Yoke into this. (I have the new one on master-PC and to work FSX, thats fine).

The old one is recogniced by the slave-system. (Having tried this old one on the master-pc, it was also recognised and FSX was albe to work both Yokes).

I don't know what software you have doing this, but WideFS only sends button presses from a Client, not axes like the yoke aileron and elevator.

Info: I want to reconnect one of the left yoke switches of the master-PC (FSX) to the yoke plugged into the slave-system, to then work teamspeak via "joy-to-key" on the slave-system (I somewhere read, "joy-to-key" isn't able to work via WideFS and FSUIPC, but IvAp is).

Without wiring there is no way to connect a switch on one device to a switch on another, even on the same machine. Switches are physical things.

Perhaps you means you want a "push to talk" button on the yoke on the FSX PC to operate softeare (Teamspeak or Ivap?) on the other PC. For this you'll need information on how to configure TeamSpeak or iVap. I'm afraid I don't know either. If a keypress will do you can make WideClient send keypresses to programs in response to a button assigned to a "Keysend" in FSUIPC. This is documentated with notes and examples for different programs in the WideFS documentation.

But I don't get the yoke connected to FSX now??? Dont find it in FSUIPC ..

The yoke must be plugged into the FSX PC.

My next problem is the IvAp itself, I don't get it working on the slave so far but there should be other forums for this in IVAO I guess.

Looked so easy, now it won't work so far .....

Sorry, I've no idea about iVap. I don't think it uses any of my software.

Do I / how do I get the CH-Yoke plugged in the slavePC to work MasterPCs FSX?

You cannot without writing a program. Plug yokes into the main FS PC. Why not?

Pete

Thank you very much so far.

Yes. I did mean to cut the wires of the ment pushbutton inside the "master"-yoke and reconnect them to the other (broken) yoke's "usb-interface-board" (???), like it was the other yokes pushbutton.

Then plug this other yoke into the client-pc and there have it connected via joy-to-key to have the push-to-talk button adressing teamspeak. That's all. Quite diffucult for someone not knowing much about these thing.

And whith big leaks in technical english .....

But I already found more information and will be getting along.

And when saying the broken yoke was recognized on both systems I ment WIN-7 as the operating system of the pc, in both cases, not more than that ....

But the information about the buttons (yes) and axis (no) is usefull! Tahnk you!

So long, kond regards, Andy

Yes. I did mean to cut the wires of the ment pushbutton inside the "master"-yoke and reconnect them to the other (broken) yoke's "usb-interface-board" (???), like it was the other yokes pushbutton.

Ah, well. that's not a software question. I'm afraid I can't answer that. doesn't sound so difficult though.

Then plug this other yoke into the client-pc and there have it connected via joy-to-key to have the push-to-talk button adressing teamspeak. That's all.

Well "joy to key" isn't anything of mine, so I can't advise. But why go to all that trouble instead of just programming a button on the FS PC?

Regards

Pete

I really want to get into all this whole matter much deeper within the next months.

FSUIPC seems to be the very first thing, one has to understand if he wants to build up a little cockpit.

And Pete: I'll do my very best to only post FSUIPC related questions here in the future. :-)

So far I almost can's see where the one ends and the other begins .... , sorry for all these off-topics :-)

Just as an information, if you might want to take a look at it (you might have seen it allready, it's only 5 pages):

this here seems serious, and it's about as well sim-connect, ivap, AND FSUIPC, somehow working together, but I don't get all of it ...yet ....

Than you until here, I'll come back for more FSUIPC ;-)

Greetings, Andy

Sorry Pete, at this point I have to commit I haven't even read the complete FSUIPC-Documetation yet.

I'm fumbeling around with different topics an MUST read all the Documantations FIRST and properly, I really see that now.

I do have them all, and have begun to read them, but not finished that yet.

And without these fundamentals I'll only ask dumb questions and steel your time.

Sorry for beeing so unpacient with all this. And for now so unproductively.

I' come back later for FSUIPC-related questions!

Thanx

Regards, Andy

Sorry Pete, at this point I have to commit I haven't even read the complete FSUIPC-Documetation yet.

I've not even referred to any FSUIPC documentation!!! You referred me to a PDF which tells you how to set up iVap, and it seems to contain all you need. That's why I was asking why you were here? And surely if you have an iVap query you'd be best in an iVap forum in any case?

I'm fumbeling around with different topics an MUST read all the Documantations FIRST and properly, I really see that now.

Well I don't see it. what's wrong with the instructions you referred me to?

And without these fundamentals I'll only ask dumb questions and steel your time.

Again, I think you'd be better off over in an iVap forum. I know nothing about it at all in any case. Sorry.

Regards

Pete