The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737NGX CUSTOM CONTROLS

Hi,

I am having trouble using the controls for the PMDG 737 NGX. Two of the controls I have been trying to use are the Reverse Thrust controls. I entered the number (70312 for #1 and 7313 for #2) and selected 0 for Off and 1 for On but they didn't work - no movement of the 737 Reverse Thrust levers. I have tried with 0 for On and 1 for Off but no difference. I'm not sure if I have missed something. Any help woul;d be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Rob

I am having trouble using the controls for the PMDG 737 NGX. Two of the controls I have been trying to use are the Reverse Thrust controls. I entered the number (70312 for #1 and 7313 for #2) and selected 0 for Off and 1 for On but they didn't work - no movement of the 737 Reverse Thrust levers. I have tried with 0 for On and 1 for Off but no difference. I'm not sure if I have missed something. Any help woul;d be greatly appreciated.

In an airliner like the 737, reverse isn't normally controlled by an "on/off" switch in any case, I notice the controls you are using are named as a "LEVER", and levers are really axes with values for the positions. As such I suspect it might need proper axis-type values, like 0 to 16383 or 0 to -4096 (the FSX range for reverse thrust). If so you can see why 0 or 1 won't do much.

Otherwise, sorry, but I know very little about the PMDG 737NGX. I don't even have it. I think you would be best off asking in the PMDG forums -- the controls are part of the SDK supplied by PMDG after all.

Regards

Pete

Rob,

I assigned a button on my throttle quadrant via the buttons and switches tab.

Select for FS control - Checked

Control sent when button pressed - Throttle decreased

Control to repeat while held - Checked

Control sent when button released - Throttle cut

Works fine for me in the NGX. Adds reverse to both engines whilst button down and sends throttles to idle when released. Never failed me yet.

If you want seperate reverser controls for each engine assigned to 2 buttons then select Throttle 1 and Throttle 2 instead of Throttle.