The simFlight Network Forums

Mixed up axes

Does Windows7-FSX-FSUIPC enumerate axes the same way every time all the time?

Here's the situation.  I just started to use FSUIPC for all axis assignments.  The radio box in FSX for controllers is unchecked.  Everything is through FSUIPC.  I have 6 controllers....

CH Yoke, Fighterstick, Combatstick, Pro throttle, Throttle quadrant and Pro pedals (showing as CH Control manager devices 1-6).  I assign unique profiles per adddon in FSX.  This had been working fine but today I go fly something and the axes are all screwey.  Rudders affect stick, stick affects throttle and so on.  I check FSUIPC and sure enough, the axes are doing exactly what they say they are doing.  Everything got jumbled up.

What did I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Windows assigns IDs according to connections it sees. These will alwmost always change if you unplug devices and plug them in to different USB sockets, or sometimes even to the same. I also have suspicions that it may do so if there's a Windows update performed whilst the devices are unplugged. However, it is okay if you never unplug them.

FSUIPC can deal with this, but you need to use Letters fror devices instead of the numerical IDs. When everything is working okay, just close FS, and edit the FSUIPC4.INI file to automatically assign letters. That's all that is needed. There's a whole chapter about this problem and its solution in the FSUIPC4 User Guide.

Regards

Pete