The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs & project magenta

Have got a problem wih Widefs & Project magenta (pm)

Pc1 - Fs9 with registered fscuip & widefs

Pc2 - PM Mcdu

Pc3 - Pm ABGC with 1 display showing Pfd/nd 2nd with eicas.

Problem is when I start any of the pm software with  widefs running all I get is a blank screen... no display. When I run the pm software without widefs I all works ok?? 

Any idea why?

thanks

Michael

Problem is when I start any of the pm software with  widefs running all I get is a blank screen... no display. When I run the pm software without widefs I all works ok?? 

Any idea why?

thanks

Michael

Make sure the WideFS client is running on PC2 and PC3.

Also make sure you battery and avionics are on in the aircraft as PM will blank the screen when the battery master is off.

alaxus ,

yep pc2 & pc3 are connected as it shows up as 3 pcs connected on FS. Batteries are on . there was a moment when the mcdu txt did eventually show up on screen but then it disappeared. & magically the eicas display worked as well.

Still has me scratching my head.

Michael

My PM displays are set to initialise blank, and only come on when the power is available.  If that isn't the cause you need help from PM support. Try the PM forum at mycockpit.org.

If you run PM software without WideFS is runs in Demo mode, which is presumably why you think it "works ok" -- but it cannot connect to FS from a client PC without WideFS!

Regards

Pete