The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004/WIDEFS/SQUAWKBOX/FSUIPC across 2 machines

I have two computers linked together, I have 1 running FS2004 with FSUIPC and WIDEFS (both registered). On the other I am running WIDEFS Client and Squawkbox. This works perfectly for FS2002, but won't for FS2004, any suggestions ?

WideFS says it is connected, but I start SB Host.exe then squawkbox.exe and click TCP/IP connection then search then it justs searches for ever, I have also typed in 127.0.0.1

If I start FS2002 it works fine. Any suggestions please.

WideFS says it is connected, but I start SB Host.exe then squawkbox.exe and click TCP/IP connection then search then it justs searches for ever, I have also typed in 127.0.0.1

The multiplayer interface is completely separate to the WideFS link, and it sounds like it is that part which you are having trouble with. I know that the multiplayer interface changed in FS between FS2002 and FS2004, but how you deal with that I have no idea I'm afraid. I don't use Multiplayer or Squawkbox.

There are some SB and MP users who do pop in here now and then, so I hope they see your message and can help, but otherwise you may do better in a Squawkbox support place. Is there one?

Sorry not to be able to help.

Regards,

Pete

In order to use Squawkbox with FS2004, you need to use another program called SBRelay, because the FS2004 and FS2002 multiplayer interfaces are not compatible. SBRelay hosts two sessions: an FS2004 session and an FS2002 session. You then JOIN FS2004 to the SBRelay session, and you also JOIN Squawkbox to the FS2002 session (you don't need to worry which is which, there's no way they can join to the wrong one and only one will ever be found by any given program). SBRelay then relays all the data Squawkbox is putting into the FS2002 session and sends it to the FS2004 session, so that you can see the aircraft.

Also make sure your CSL configuration is correct (this applies to all versions of SB when using WideFS). By default, SB renames the aircraft.csl file to aircraft.cfg when you load SB, but this won't work if it's on a different PC. To ensure CSL works, make sure you have an aircraft.cfg in there.

You can get SBRelay from http://www.chocolatesoftware.com

By the way, 127.0.0.1 is the loopback address and refers to your local computer. It's not use trying to use it to connect to another computer on your network that is hosting an MP session (use 192.168.0.x address of the host instead), although as I've explained above, this probably isn't your problem.