The simFlight Network Forums

Can't register FSUIPC in P3D...

1) Downloaded latest version (4.90) from Schiratti.

2) Only LM P3D installed on my disk

3) When I run the FSUIPC installer ( as Admin ) I get the attached prompt and I can't exit it unless I cancel. If I cancel the installation apparently continues, the registration dialog is presented, I fill the fields, hit Confirm.

In P3D Modules FSUIPC it reads that I am using an unregistered version...

Whazzup?

post-4032-0-56978400-1375307522.jpg

1) Downloaded latest version (4.90) from Schiratti.

2) Only LM P3D installed on my disk

3) When I run the FSUIPC installer ( as Admin ) I get the attached prompt and I can't exit it unless I cancel.

Looks like the P3D installation isn't registered in the Windows Registry. Have you restored Windows to a previous setting since installing P3D? Which version of P3D are you using?

If you can paste in the FSUIPC Install Log it would be useful in working out what is wrong. I know for certain that the current version of the Installer works without there also being an FSX installation

Pete

Thx Peter,

nevermind...

but indeed I didn't restore Windows - simply installed P3D to test FSGRW. This had happened to me on other P3D installations... I eventually gave up using FSUIPC with P3D altogether and kept it only for FSX, but this weather injector required FSUIPC.

Anyway, back to X-Plane 10 :-/

P.S.: I might end-up using FSUIPC where I less expected it :-)  In ELITE v8.6 with the GNS 430 module :-)  Ehehe

but indeed I didn't restore Windows - simply installed P3D to test FSGRW. This had happened to me on other P3D installations... I eventually gave up using FSUIPC with P3D altogether and kept it only for FSX, but this weather injector required FSUIPC.

if you have an FSX installation already, just copy your FSX Modules folder over to P3D and adapt your DLL.XML file to suit, in the same folder as Prepar3D.CFG.

I'd still like to see the Install log, please, in case there's something FSUIPC's installer should handle better.

Regards

Pete

Peter,

found the source of the problem.,, CCleaner!  In between installing P3D and then, latter FSUIPC, I ran CCleaner and used the Fix Registry.... It wiped the FSUIPC entry. Restoring the system solved the problem.

Thx and sorry for the mess...

found the source of the problem.,, CCleaner!  In between installing P3D and then, latter FSUIPC, I ran CCleaner and used the Fix Registry.... It wiped the FSUIPC entry. Restoring the system solved the problem.

Thanks for letting me know. It wouldn't be "the FSUIPC entry" as FSUIPC doesn't change the registry at all, but it does read the install details for P3D from the Registry.

Regards

Pete