The simFlight Network Forums

Standby Battery

Hi Pete,

I am new to using fsuipc to assign commands to controllers. I am flying a g1000 equipped aircraft and like all the g1000 aircraft there is a standby battery. I want to set a switch to arm it (which causes the pfd to light up before the master battery is turned on. I can't find an option for any stanby battery in the fsuipc fs commands list. Is there another way to assign a switch to arm a stanby battery through fsuipc. Thanks, John.

I am flying a g1000 equipped aircraft and like all the g1000 aircraft there is a standby battery. I want to set a switch to arm it (which causes the pfd to light up before the master battery is turned on. I can't find an option for any stanby battery in the fsuipc fs commands list. Is there another way to assign a switch to arm a stanby battery through fsuipc.

I am not aware of any standby battery simulation in FS at all. All of the possible FS controls are listed in the assignments dropdowns, along with a lot of extras added by FSUIPC.

I've just looked at the default G1000 and don't see anything lablelled as another battery switch. How do you operate this standby battery now?

If there is one it is probably completely local to the G1000 gauge and therefore probably only controlled by its graphic.

Pete

Hi Pete,

If you look at a photograph of any Cessna G1000 cockpit you will see a standby battery switch with arm, off and test in the upper left hand corner of the panel. One of the first things to do on the checklist when starting the engine is to turn the standby battery to arm which powers the PFD Allowing you to see the amps of the standby battery. Standby battery switch stays in the arm position for the rest of the flight. I am building a Cessna G1000 cockpit and would like to program the switch. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John Gaffney

If you look at a photograph of any Cessna G1000 cockpit you will see a standby battery switch with arm, off and test in the upper left hand corner of the panel.

A photograph? What's the point of looking at a real aircraft panel if it is not implemented in FS?

I am building a Cessna G1000 cockpit and would like to program the switch. Any thoughts?

Since it seems the switch is not implemented in FS, you'd need to simply wire the switch to do what you want wth your own G1000 build. If you mean you want the FS G1000 gauge to come alive when you operate that switch then I think it would have to just switch on the main battery and avionics switches because otherwise how it the gauge to know to come alive?

The only alternative, assuming you aren't building your own G1000, is to make your own gauge which does obey some switch, for which you could use a User offset.

Regards

Pete