The simFlight Network Forums

Assign Left Mouse Button to Joystick button - HOW?

I mainly fly the VRS Superbug and it would be great if I could click the buttons in the cockpit without removing my hand from the controls.

I've read through various posts here as well as the documentation but can't find a way to assign a left mouse click to a joystick button.

I use the Logitech G940 and have managed to get the coolie hat working as a mouse axis (using GlovePIE) but no luck with mouse clicks.

I know FSUIPC doesn't monitor the mouse but how can I assign a left click to a joystick button?

I know FSUIPC doesn't monitor the mouse but how can I assign a left click to a joystick button?

The current version of the Lua library package includes both Mouse control, and Mouse monitoring through a comprehensive set of events. You could use "event.mouseleft" to activate a virtual button.

Pete

Pete, could you please explain how, or point me to the page in the manual that I need to read.

I've read through the manual but can't find a 'simple english' explanation of how to set up a command to press a mouse button based on a joystick input.

Pete, could you please explain how, or point me to the page in the manual that I need to read.

I've read through the manual but can't find a 'simple english' explanation of how to set up a command to press a mouse button based on a joystick input.

It can only be done by programming a plug-in. The Lua package is installed in your FSUIPC Documents subfolder. It sounds like it may be beyond you though if you can only handle simple english. Sorry.  You asked if it was possible, and it is, but maybe you should stick to glovepie if that works.

Pete