The simFlight Network Forums

SavePreviousFlight

Hi Pete,

I've been using the save previous flight facility for years with FS9 and FSX, during the last week or so I've been building a new Haswell based FS PC and I've been reinstalling stuff. I've noticed though that the Previous Flight facility is no longer working. I checked the manual and I see there is now a general section ini entry for this facility called SavePreviousFlight=Yes to enable it. I can't remember whether I ever had that line in my ini in the past and my old ini from my last PC didn't have that line in it, but previous flight did still save OK on every exit of the sim. Now for some unknown reason it no longer works with or without this entry.

I'm using 4.91 and Autosave is working OK. Any ideas?

I've been using the save previous flight facility for years with FS9 and FSX, during the last week or so I've been building a new Haswell based FS PC and I've been reinstalling stuff. I've noticed though that the Previous Flight facility is no longer working. I checked the manual and I see there is now a general section ini entry for this facility called SavePreviousFlight=Yes to enable it. I can't remember whether I ever had that line in my ini in the past and my old ini from my last PC didn't have that line in it, but previous flight did still save OK on every exit of the sim. Now for some unknown reason it no longer works with or without this entry.

I'm using 4.91 and Autosave is working OK. Any ideas?

The reason for the option "SavePreviousFlight=Yes" was that, apparently, the act of saving a flight when things are closing down adversely affected some add-on or other. I don't recall what it was now. The option is there so that it can be turned off, but as far as I recall it is on by defalut. If not, just add the parameter.

If the previous flight is not being saved even with the option allowed, then either the Sim isn't actually closing down properly -- use Task manager to check if FSX.EXE is still actually running even if it appears to have closed -- or for some reason the Sim is closing before the SimConnect notification is seen by FSUIPC. I have noticed this on a few occasions -- it is inconsistent, but I don't think there's any way around that aspect. An advanced notification was on the list of things a SimConnect update was supposed to attend to (there was a very long list of unfinished aspects of SimConnect which I had agreed with MS before Aces demise).

If you have some other things going on, all waiting their turn to close properly, it usually works 100% of the time. WideFS is particularly good because that delays things whilst notifying all clients. Some other ad-ons will also be trying to close tidily.

Regards

Pete