The simFlight Network Forums

Scroll lock in WideFS client puts server into pause mode

Pete;

On my clients, I use a KVM switch to share the keyboard, video, and mouse. The KVM switch uses a key sequence SCROLL_LOCK, SCROLL_LOCK, up/dn arrow to swap between the two.

With WideClient 6.1 on the clients, if I press the scroll lock key sequence, it puts the server into pause mode. Any idea how I can stop that?

Cheers

With WideClient 6.1 on the clients, if I press the scroll lock key sequence, it puts the server into pause mode. Any idea how I can stop that?

Does it only do it when WideClient has focus? Otherwise it won't even see you press scroll lock.

Do you have the parameter set in your WideClient PC to transmit keys to the Server? ("SendKeyPresses=Yes"). If so, then any non=system key presses seen by WideClient (assuming it has focus) will certainly be sent to FS.

However, "scroll lock" doesn't put my FS into Pause mode -- do you have that key re-programmed in FS or FSUIPC?

If none of these things apply, then it is something to do with whatever program you are using on the Client. If must be picking up the key and setting Pause through the normal FSUIPC interface. You can check that by Logging IPC Writes in FSUIPC and seeing if something is writing to the Pause control (offset 0262). If so this certainly won't be WideFS of its own volition, it doesn't write anything that applications don't request.

Regards,

Pete