The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4.INI not created

After having repeated once and again the instalation of FSUIPC  (registered as every program: Ultimate, FSUIPC and FSX) and following the advises (copy fsuipc.dll from Ultimate Checklist to the modules folder of the Fligh Simulator folder and starting FSX) I find that FSUIPC in FSX doesn't allow me making any change, it doesn't save it. Then I see that the file FSUIPC4.INI is not created however I repeat the download and instalation of FSUIPC. Furthermore I don't find in the list of orders to be "shortened" "Show / Hide checklist inside Flight simulator". that is really my aim in buying these programs.  Please, what can I do to a) create FSUIPC4.INI and b)  make present in the list of orders this of "Show / Hide checklist inside Flight simulator"? For me it's enough to get the .INI file that I suppose it is the problem. I have Windows 7 Achilles said that perhaps I have a very strong defence that makes impossible to create the .INI file. I have put off every protection and it is the same. Thank you.

Finally it was solved. A file .INI is not necessary for FSUIPC presently. Instructions about "Connection to Flight Simulator" in the Manual for FSPS should be somewhat clearer. But what would be the life without difficulties?? If someone has a problem for getting FSUIPC to work, I have got a Master, ha.

Finally it was solved. A file .INI is not necessary for FSUIPC presently. Instructions about "Connection to Flight Simulator" in the Manual for FSPS should be somewhat clearer. But what would be the life without difficulties?? If someone has a problem for getting FSUIPC to work, I have got a Master, ha.

FSUIPC always creates an INI file. If there is no INI file and no LOG file in the FS Modules folder, then FSUIPC has not been run, at all!

I think you must either be looking in the wrong place, or you have Windows hiding filetypes from you (as recommended NOT to in the FSUIPC documentation). In this case the file will probably appear to be "FSUIPC" or "FSUIPC4" with type "configuration settings", whilst the log will be a "text" file.

Pete