The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not recognizing GF TQ6

I have calibrated my TQ6 with FSUIPC before and use it on all my ac.  But now, I'm trying to set my flaps & spoilers for a new ac, PMDG'S T7.  When I move the flap lever there is no change in the numbers.  When I go to Axes assignment, and move the throttle levers, nothing registers.  I don't have my throttle set up in FSX.

I'm using FSX on Win7 and have FSIUPC 4.91 registered.

The throttles and flaps work on all my ac correctly except the T7.  On the T7, only the throttles work.  The flaps & spoilers don't move at all.  Can't set them in FSUIPC

Thank you.

Gnacino

I have calibrated my TQ6 with FSUIPC before and use it on all my ac.  But now, I'm trying to set my flaps & spoilers for a new ac, PMDG'S T7.  When I move the flap lever there is no change in the numbers.  When I go to Axes assignment, and move the throttle levers, nothing registers.  I don't have my throttle set up in FSX.

I'm using FSX on Win7 and have FSIUPC 4.91 registered.

The throttles and flaps work on all my ac correctly except the T7.  On the T7, only the throttles work.  The flaps & spoilers don't move at all.  Can't set them in FSUIPC

Please first update to FSUIPC 4.92.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the T7, but it may need special attention like the 737NGX.

Pete

The issue with the T7 is not what concerns me here. I'm working with that on their forum. What concerns me now is that FSUIPC is not recognizing my TQ6 at all. My other hardware is fine. I went into Win 7's joystick calibration and all the levers on the TQ6 are recognized but not in FSUIPC.

I will download .92, but I don't think that will solve it.

Thanks

Gnacino

The issue with the T7 is not what concerns me here. I'm working with that on their forum. What concerns me now is that FSUIPC is not recognizing my TQ6 at all. My other hardware is fine. I went into Win 7's joystick calibration and all the levers on the TQ6 are recognized but not in FSUIPC.

I will download .92, but I don't think that will solve it.

There's a fix in 4.92 which allows it to reconise joysticks correctly in WinXP or in XP compatibility mode. If you are not using either of those you are probably right, it will not make much difference -- but i can't help till you try it. If you are using FSX in XP compatibility mode you could try turning it off instead, but you still need to update FSUIPC some time if you want support.

Pete

Downloaded the .92 and as I suspected, still nothing. I even tried unplugging the TQ6 on and off, same thing. I don't know if this is an issue with GF or FSUIPC.

As far as FSUIPC is concerned the TQ6 is just an ordinary joystick, like any other. And FSUIPC reads joysticks all the same way, and the same way as FSX.

You said earlier "I went into Win 7's joystick calibration and all the levers on the TQ6 are recognized", but have you checked that FSX sees them?

Pete

It is strange.  In FSX menu,  The throttles show up as lever B.  I never calibrated them in FSX.  I can't even delete the setting.  Whatever lever I move, it shows as B.

Very strange. What does "Lever B" mean? Certainly there's nothing in FSUIPC which will see a "Lever B" if that's its ID. 

It sounds like there may be a registry corruption for this device. Try uninstalling it in the Windows device manager, then re-booting with it unplugged, then plug it in. If that doesn't help I can only suggest contacting GoFlight support.

Regards

Pete

The TQ6 has 6 levers labeled A B C D E F. I posted my problem at Goflight but have not had an answer yet. There is no uninstall for the TQ6. Not really sure what the problem is. I'll wait a while and if there is no resolution, I guess I'll reinstall FSX and everything else. Not looking forward to that.

That's what makes this hobby so interesting, 25% flying, 75% solving and fixing. Do you find this to be true to your setup also Pete?

Gnacino

The TQ6 has 6 levers labeled A B C D E F. I posted my problem at Goflight but have not had an answer yet. There is no uninstall for the TQ6. Not really sure what the problem is. I'll wait a while and if there is no resolution, I guess I'll reinstall FSX and everything else. Not looking forward to that.

I doubt if an FSX reinstall is needed. It'll be to do with USB HID device recognition. When I said to uninstall it I meant go to the Windows device manager, find the device listed there someplace, right click and select uninstall. Basically that tells Windows to "unrecognise it". Then when you re-boot and plug it in again it should reinstall the requisite USB entries in the registry.

That's what makes this hobby so interesting, 25% flying, 75% solving and fixing. Do you find this to be true to your setup also Pete?

Well, yes ,even more so, but then I am developing software, etc, so most of my flying is really testing! ;-)

Pete