The simFlight Network Forums

PFC throttle not Idle

Hi Pete I have a problem with my PFC Throttle Quadrant when flying Aero-sof Airbus A320 Extended. the Throttle never came to idle and I never hear the "tick" of the Idle dent !! this is greatly affecting the landing as the bus kept saying retard retard and even when I press F1 to cut the throttle, and as a result of the throttle position of the PFC one, the reverse never engaged after landing....u can imagine the situation !!! I have tried to calibrate the throttle inside FSUIPC as well as outside with no success....Appreciating your help really. Attached id the FSUIPC.ini and some screenshots Thanks in advance. Ahmed

FSUIPC4.rar

ini file

post-21978-0-12929000-1378763246_thumb.j

after landing THR LVR in PFD

post-21978-0-00867800-1378763335_thumb.j

after moving Throttle back, no idle

post-21978-0-21844000-1378763350_thumb.j

after press F1 for short time

Hi Pete I have a problem with my PFC Throttle Quadrant when flying Aero-sof Airbus A320 Extended. the Throttle never came to idle and I never hear the "tick" of the Idle dent !! this is greatly affecting the landing as the bus kept saying retard retard and even when I press F1 to cut the throttle, and as a result of the throttle position of the PFC one, the reverse never engaged after landing....u can imagine the situation !!! I have tried to calibrate the throttle inside FSUIPC as well as outside with no success....Appreciating your help really. Attached id the FSUIPC.ini and some screenshots

Screenshots are really no help.

The PFC Throttle Quadrant is best calibrated in the PFC driver Why are you using FSUIPC for this?

Please don't attach RAR files. Windows doesn't recognise them. Why not just paste the INI into the message like others? Much more compact than pictures in any case, and readable and quotable.

If you cannot get the thottle input down to 0 is is either because you have dual assignments to throttle so one input is interfering with another, or, more likely, simply that your calibration is poor. Which any axis, no matter how bad or good, calibration can ALWAYS allow you to acheive the full range. Because all calibration is doing is matching one value of the input, chosent by YOU, to one extreme value needed by FS, and another value to the other extreme value needed. Even if these two values were only a few numbers apart, the extremes could therefore always be obttained -- obviously the precison of control in a small range isn't good, so that's why you try to calibrate with the extremes ALMOST (but not quite) matching the extremes on the axis movement. BUT ALWAYS ALLOW LEEWAY, because the values coming in WILL vary. I expect this is what you are seeing.

Calibrate again, but do it properly, allowing some dead movement at both ends.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Pete, first of all .... I've been a registered FSUIPC user for years and didn't know what I had.  My Sincere Compliments!  I have purchased a PFC Throttle Console and TurboProp throttle.  I see you recommended above that we use the PFC calibration as part of the driver to calibrate instead of FSUIPC?  When I select the PFC utility in the Add On tab in FSX, all I see is text identifying the driver in use.  If FSUIPC is not recommended to use with the PFC throttle calibration, where do I find the PFC utility.  I am, by the way, using the rudder trip direct calibration through FSUIPC and it's working correctly.  Right now, I can't get the throttles to idle like the other person posting on this topic.

Pete, first of all .... I've been a registered FSUIPC user for years and didn't know what I had.  My Sincere Compliments!  I have purchased a PFC Throttle Console and TurboProp throttle.  I see you recommended above that we use the PFC calibration as part of the driver to calibrate instead of FSUIPC?  When I select the PFC utility in the Add On tab in FSX, all I see is text identifying the driver in use.  If FSUIPC is not recommended to use with the PFC throttle calibration, where do I find the PFC utility.  I am, by the way, using the rudder trip direct calibration through FSUIPC and it's working correctly.  Right now, I can't get the throttles to idle like the other person posting on this topic.

The PFC driver which drives the serial-linked PFC Throttle console Unit is one which has a full set of menu entries/tabs and extensive documentation (PFC.DLL for FS9 and PFCFSX.DLL for FSX/P3D).  I've never heard of a HID version, and it sounds like you installed PFCHID.DLL which is for the newer USB/HID based consoles. If that's what you have then everything is done in FSUIPC.

BTW, all my FS software is available in Download Links subforum above, and most of it also on the Dowson page over at Schirattic.com.

Pete