The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG, Goflight panels and FSUIPC

Seme

Dear All,

I hope I have not missed any thread related to this, but in my opinion, I could not find answer to my problem Im having.

I have managed to assign key press command for my goflight T8 toggle swithc panel. I have assigned the lights. Now, for example, if I want to toggle my logo light, it goes on but then after few seconds it comes off. However, if I do it again, it stays on. I have assigned the key when pressing, ticked the box "key press not to be held" and also assigned the same key to release it.

Im a bit puzzled. So the first time I do it, it goes on and off, then if i use the toggle switch again, it will stay lit. However, like last night, when i did a flight, after 1 hour cruising when I started to decent and put my landing lights on via the toggle switch, it did the same thing. First on then off.

Im probably doing something wrong here, just dont know what. It does the same for NGX.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Thomas Schmiedeke

I have managed to assign key press command for my goflight T8 toggle swithc panel. I have assigned the lights. Now, for example, if I want to toggle my logo light, it goes on but then after few seconds it comes off. However, if I do it again, it stays on. I have assigned the key when pressing, ticked the box "key press not to be held" and also assigned the same key to release it.

Im a bit puzzled. So the first time I do it, it goes on and off, then if i use the toggle switch again, it will stay lit. However, like last night, when i did a flight, after 1 hour cruising when I started to decent and put my landing lights on via the toggle switch, it did the same thing. First on then off.

Are you also using Goflight's own software, because maybe it is also sending commands?

Try using FSUIPC's Logging -- check the button logging and also the exent logging. If you run FSX in Windowed mode, temporarily, you can display the console Log by its side (another check box on the Logging tab) so you can see exactly what happens whilst you are operating the switches.

As far as the NGX is concerned, I think that has its own methods for all the switches. So test on a defaullt.

Note also that there is a way to get separate ON and OFF commands for each light switch. It uses an FSUIPC offset, x0D0C, with a bit for each of up to 10 lights. You assign to "offset word setbits" to set bits, and "offset word clrbits" to clear bits. Again whether this works with the NGX is questionable.

Pete

Remove the 'when button released' command and the problem will go away. Or is GoFlight hardware like VRInsight gear which does not send a release command until the button is pressed again.

Andy, the T8 has 8 toggle switches, so "on" and "off" are discrete events occurring when you flip the toggle down and up. They aren't momentary butons. The P8 is the one with buttons.

Pete

Thanks guys for the quick replies!

I scanned the manual once more and actually found out the one Pete was referring to. I need to check whether I still have the goflight own mapping software installed - if so, I need to clear the commands.

Will check it and report back, might be after few days though as Im not able to fly for awhile.

Thanks!

Cheers

Thomas

Hi Pete,

Managed to do a quick test and looks like i had the goflight assignments in afterall. Removed those and now it seems to work, will test it further with my next flight. If I still encounter problems, I will check back here.

Many thanks!

Thomas