The simFlight Network Forums

Programming B737 TQ to FSX and/or FSUIPC

Iv'e built myself a B737 TQ with all functions.

I am not experienced in programming, but after trial and error, I have made a few to work, like throttle and spoiler :smile:

I tried to program the  CH yoke via FSUIPC, but gave up that one, so now I combine FS controls and FSUIPC.

I know it all should be programmed only via FSUIPC, but can't.....

Is there anyone who can give advice how to solve the following:

1. Start and cut engines, these buttons seem to work in the airplane, but the handles in the flightsim does not move.

2. A/T disable, where to assign them?

3. Auto take off and go around, where to assign?

4. Stab trim switches, where and how to assign them?

5. Flaps.  Flaps has a micro switch which jump over notches for every step.
How to program it? Have tried different ways, but no success.

post-75536-0-62440700-1379768730.jpg

Edited by Morgan

Iv'e built myself a B737 TQ with all functions.

I am not experienced in programming, but after trial and error, I have made a few to work, like throttle and spoiler :smile:

I tried to program the  CH yoke via FSUIPC, but gave up that one, so now I combine FS controls and FSUIPC.

I know it all should be programmed only via FSUIPC, but can't.....

Is there anyone who can give advice how to solve the following:

1. Start and cut engines, these buttons seem to work in the airplane, but the handles in the flightsim does not move.

2. A/T disable, where to assign them?

3. Auto take off and go around, where to assign?

4. Stab trim switches, where and how to assign them?

5. Flaps.  Flaps has a micro switch which jump over notches for every step.

How to program it? Have tried different ways, but no success.

All these are standard controls for default aircraft, but maybe you are using add-ons? One which does confuse folks is the jet idle/cutoff lever, which may be what you mean by "start and cut engines"? Those are fuel mixture levers, effectively, and operated by the Mixture Lean and Mixture Rich controls.

The others are all listed fairly evidently, whether in FS's own assignments or FSUIPCs. you could also refer to the list of controls provided in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Pete

Hello Pete, thanks for your reply.

I use PMDG B737-800 as test plane for this operation.
I have now spend hours and hours trying to program this throttle, and have taken two steps forward, one back...or was it opposite ? :)
Tonight at last some works, Spoilers works best, then throttles works fairly well, the handles in cockpit jumps a lot while move forward, revers turns on slightly for a short time.

I would like to maneuver the reverse handles myself, since they are there....controlled with micro switch only, but have no clue how to program it.

The flaps has two switches as well, one give signal when handle is moved backwards or forwards + one micro switch moves over 9 notches.
Your program seem to be made for potmeter, so I do not get any signal from this switch.
Any solution for this?

Morgan

Sweden

Hello Pete, thanks for your reply.

I use PMDG B737-800 as test plane for this operation.

I don't have any PMDG aircraft, but there's been a lot written about solutions. Do a bit of research here or over in PMDG's own forum. I can't really help directly except to explain anything about FSUIPC you don't understand.

I have now spend hours and hours trying to program this throttle, and have taken two steps forward, one back...or was it opposite ? :)

I'm sure most PMDG users have sorted the throttles out, though some say you can't calibrate in FSUIPC, some say you can but you need to set "UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes" in the FSUIPC4.INI file. You do, of course, need to set the No Reverse Zone option in the calibration page.

Tonight at last some works, Spoilers works best, then throttles works fairly well, the handles in cockpit jumps a lot while move forward, revers turns on slightly for a short time.

Assuming there's nothing wrong with your hardware, jumping axes are a pretty sure sign of conflicting assignments. You've probably got axes assigned in both FS and FSUIPC. Choose one or the other.

I would like to maneuver the reverse handles myself, since they are there....controlled with micro switch only, but have no clue how to program it.

I think you simply assign the buttons to "throttle decr", repeating. That's the same as using the F2 key, but there are separate throttle controls - throttle1_decr, etc.

The flaps has two switches as well, one give signal when handle is moved backwards or forwards + one micro switch moves over 9 notches.

Your program seem to be made for potmeter, so I do not get any signal from this switch.

"My program" is not specifically made for either axes or buttons, and especially not for a "potmeter"!! For button controlled flaps just use flaps inc and flaps dec controls, same as on the keyboard. Real easy. No one's ever had trouble with that before. Using an axis for flaps is normally only done by cockpit builders, because you need notches.

With FSUIIPC you can assign to a vast range of controls. Why aren't you even looking at the Buttons and Switches tab? Not everything is an axis ("potmeter")!

Pete

Thanks a lot Pete, I have read your comments, and will give it a new try today.
Good to receive some suggestions :)

I have been looking and tried Button and switches, thats the first I started to use, but I am thinking different, like, when I want to assign Reverse, I expect to find reverse in fsx.

When I want to assign Horn cutout, I expected to find that in FSX too. Guess it was to much to ask for from Gates guys.
Will continue tonight again, will be a happy day when I get the plane of ground :-)
Have a good week end, Pete.

I have been looking and tried Button and switches, thats the first I started to use, but I am thinking different, like, when I want to assign Reverse, I expect to find reverse in fsx.

Reverse is just coded as negative thrust settings, so is controlled by Throttle controls.

Pete