The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v4.92 troubles/Prepar3D

Hello Mr. Dowson.

I had to uninstall/re-install LM Prepar3D v1.4 due to my own experiments concerning shaders, and not backing things up prior. The Prepar3D install would not repair itself via the option it provided. So, a fresh install was needed.

Please note;

FSX is not installed, although I do have a dummy folder for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, with the FSX.exe residing for add-ons that do not have LM Prepar3D as an installation option.

I also do modeling in Gmax, so the FSX SDK is installed.

Upon reinstallation of FSUIPC v4.92 I'm experiencing theses errors.

I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do. I've cleaned the registry using CCleaner, and re-installed/went through the registration process several times without luck.

I'm hoping you can help

h7q3.jpg

dv3c.jpg

rhhv.jpg

Upon reinstallation of FSUIPC v4.92 I'm experiencing theses errors.

I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do.

The only error appears to be that you have a Prepar3D.EXE version 1.4 renamed as FSX.EXE and residing in the Registry-confirmed installation path for FSX. Naturally FSUIPC's installer does not like a version of FSX.EXE called 1.4.4747.0! I've no idea why you are doing such a strange thing, but at least it doesn't throw the FSUIPC installer as It then goes on to do a successful install of FSUIPC4 into Prepar3D proper, as confirmed by the message you even showed, and by your showing of the options screen.

So, what is the actual problem you wish to report, as you've not shown one so far ...?

Pete

About 10 months ago I decided it was time to learn to model using Gmax. Considering I use LM Prepar3D (and not FSX) I still needed the FSX SDK installed. The SDK would not install. No path found for the FSX.EXE. So, I created a path with a dummy folder and copy of the Prepar3D.exe, renamed to FSX.EXE. By doing this I was able to get the FSX SDK to install, and the Gmax modeling program configured and operational. I've had no trouble since. Until now that is.

As far as FSUIPC goes, the install is looking for the actual FSX.EXE which is not there as you see.

FSUIPC did install in the P3D/Modules folder, and is in the addons menu. But it is not registered. It should be. This is my problem. I've reinstalled several times to no avail.

As far as FSUIPC goes, the install is looking for the actual FSX.EXE which is not there as you see.

FSUIPC did install in the P3D/Modules folder, and is in the addons menu. But it is not registered. It should be. This is my problem. I've reinstalled several times to no avail.

I'm still not clear on where the problem lies. You have not really described it. So, please, to clarify: the problem is that you Register but it still says it is unregistered? Is this so? Can you check the P3D Modules folder for an FSUIPC4.KEY file please? If it isn't there, can you check for it in your Documents folder? Do you run P3D in any sort of "compatibility" mode?

The business with the "fake" FSX installation is not so relevant, really, as you can see the Installation proceeds and copes with the P3D installation okay in any case. But why did you not only fake a P3D EXE as an FSX.EXE but also fiddle the Registry to point to it as a genuine FSX installation? Surely all the SDK installer wanted was an FSX.EXE you could point it to?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete.

Sorry for the run around.

Inside the Documents folder there is no FSUIPC4.KEY file. When I input my info it's accepted as 'registered'. In Prepar3D it is not. This is a situation I've never had with prior releases.

Concerning the 'fake' FSX.exe, and the relative registry linking as genuine, it was the registry tool I used for when the developers installer did not have a Prepar3D install option, I could install to the dummy folder and copy the folders over. I don't know any other way.

Inside the Documents folder there is no FSUIPC4.KEY file. When I input my info it's accepted as 'registered'. In Prepar3D it is not. This is a situation I've never had with prior releases.

But is there one in the Prepar3D Modules folder?

I'll try to check here, but it seems that to fool one installer to "work" you fool others into failing. I just don't know why at present.

Pete

Pete

For process of elimination I deleted the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder entirely, and cleaned the registry using CCleaner. Then ran the v4.92 install.

There is no FSUIPC4.KEY file to be found in the Modules or Documents folders of Prepar3D. As a test to see if it was solely related to the v4.92 release, I tried v4.91 and v4.90. Deleting the Modules folder entirely. And still the key file is not there.

Don

For process of elimination I deleted the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder entirely, and cleaned the registry using CCleaner. Then ran the v4.92 install.

There is no FSUIPC4.KEY file to be found ...

That makes no sense. Please show me the Install log for that.

I found the reason for the problem. Because of the false non-install of FSX the installer still believes there is an FSX there. The part that does the registration actually creates the KEY file in the Modules folder of the first sim it detects -- in this case your false FSX. It then copies that file to the ESP and Prepar3D installations. The problem is of course that there is no Modules folder because the installation is not a complete one and the FSUIPC installer refused to complete the FSUIPC4 installtion phase.

I found all I had to do was to fool it even more than you did, by simply creating an empty Modules folder in the false FSX folder. Then it all works as it should.

I think your registry cleaner did not destroy the pointer to the FSX folder -- the Install log will show this. If you had not been so hasty the solution I mentioned above would have been your easiest way. Now I suspect you need to use Regedit to remove the FSX entries properly. The registry path you need to find and remove is shown in the Install log.

I'll have a look at improving the FSUIPC Installer to deal with this strange situation, but I cannot do this at present as I am still working on the changes for Prepar3D version 2.

Regards

Pete

I'll have a look at improving the FSUIPC Installer to deal with this strange situation, but I cannot do this at present as I am still working on the changes for Prepar3D version 2.

I've worked out a way of coping with this odd situation and will fix it in the Installer tomorrow. It will be version 4.921b, which also copes with P3D V2 as and when that is available to you.

Regards

Pete

Mr. Dowson, here is the log file you requested. Sorry for the delay.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.92 by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside Prepar3D on Windows 7
Module base=5DAA0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
       15 System time = 06/10/2013 07:44:54
       15 FLT path = "C:\Users\2600K\Documents\Prepar3D Files\"
       15 Trying D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules\SimConnectP3D.dll
       15 Found it: trying to connect
       15 FS path = "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\"
      280 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      280 SIM1 Frictions access gained
      280 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
      280 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
      280 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      280 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
     2511 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®", Version: 1.4.4747.0 (SimConnect: 1.4.0.0)
     2511 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     2511 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     2527 D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\FLIGHTS\OTHER\Prepar3D.FLT
     2527 D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Bravo\Mooney_Bravo.AIR
    34632 System time = 06/10/2013 07:45:29, Simulator time = 11:00:03 (15:00Z)
    61854 ClearWeather Button Pressed
    61854 Weather cleared by user action
    61854 External weather discarded
    70060 Weather Mode now = Theme
    70060 Weather Mode now = Custom
    72384 Starting everything now ...
    80855 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
    86721 D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\+Aeronca K TestBed\aeronca_1.AIR
   144987 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 56 secs = 28.3 fps
   323873 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 126 secs = 28.9 fps
   632740 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 306 secs = 28.7 fps
   671381 Weather Mode now = Theme
   671381 C:\Users\2600K\Documents\Prepar3D Files\Aeronca K Project.FLT
   727526 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 22 secs = 28.6 fps
   746792 System time = 06/10/2013 07:57:21, Simulator time = 12:35:33 (19:35Z)
   746792 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 523 secs = 28.7 fps
G3D fix: Passes 48440, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 231 Allocs, 231 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Thank you for your time in the matter.

Don

Mr. Dowson, here is the log file you requested. Sorry for the delay.

No, that is the run-time FSUIPC4 log. The install log is the one you showed in a picture earlier.  That showed the Registry entry pointing to FSX as being the "SetupPath" parameter in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Regards

Pete

It took some doing, but here it is.

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.92

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...
Looking in registry for ESP install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND Prepar3D!  <<< ...
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:
SetupPath="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"
Checking version of FSX.EXE:
Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find FSX.EXE ...
User aborted attempt to find FSX. Installation failed.

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D:
SetupPath="D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\"
Checking version of Prepar3D.EXE:
... Version 1.4.4747.0  (Need at least 1.0.677.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
    Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)
    Found SimConnect build 195 (ESP Orig)
    Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)
    Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:
       D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL
... Version 4.920 found.
Prepar3D Modules folder already exists.
Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"
Looking for the current user's Application Data path:
... found as "C:\Users\2600K\AppData\Roaming"
Now finding \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.CFG for all users, including this one
Looking in "C:\Users\2600K\AppData\Roaming"
Found Prepar3D.CFG in "C:\Users\2600K\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.CFG"
Now checking DLL.XML ...
... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.
... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.
     (for FSUIPC4, without Loader)
... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No Prepar3D.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming"
"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.
Now installing the Prepar3D SimConnect interface for FSUIPC4 into the "Modules" folder:
   Installed "SimConnectP3D.dll" okay
Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:
   Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay
   Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay
   Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay
   Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed.

It took some doing, but here it is.

Thanks. And it does show, as I surmised, that your registry cleaner did NOT clear the reference to the FSX Install location, which is why the Installer still had the same problem after you thought you had deleted everything FSX:

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...

So, you will either need to delete that entry, or wait for me to release the 4.921b installer some time tomorrow.

Actually, I would recommend you delete the entry in any case as otherwise it will certainly mislead other installers in the future.

Regards

Pete

Thanks. And it does show, as I surmised, that your registry cleaner did NOT clear the reference to the FSX Install location, which is why the Installer still had the same problem after you thought you had deleted everything FSX:

So, you will either need to delete that entry, or wait for me to release the 4.921b installer some time tomorrow.

Actually, I would recommend you delete the entry in any case as otherwise it will certainly mislead other installers in the future.

Regards

Pete

The latter of the two you have quoted is the one I went in searching for prior to posting it for you.

I see nothing there in the path it states that it's in so it can be deleted.

Now, in the Start Menu, / All Programs / Microsoft Games folder, there is a folder; Microsoft / Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Flight Simulator X SDK. Of which I'm not sure I can remove due to needing it for Gmax modeling. I'm hesitant.

The latter of the two you have quoted is the one I went in searching for prior to posting it for you.

I see nothing there in the path it states that it's in so it can be deleted.

Well the path to where your fake FSX was is still in the Registry, because as the log clearly shows, it is giving the program this path:

SetupPath="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

What can happen with WinVista and later, when a 32-bit program is installed in "Program Files", is that it automatically diverts the Registry paths to a complicated "WOW" registry entry. It's all to do with its protection of Program Files folders from being writtten to --and allows it to present a different folder with the same name. It's because of all that nonsense that most FS users have learned to never install FS in the default Program Files locatin. I always install in something simple like C:\FSX and C:\P3D.

So just search the Registry for Data which says "Flight Simulator X".  When you find the entry showing that complete now non-existent path, remove both the entry and its parent, the one ending in the/10.0.

As far as the FSUIPC4 Installer is concerned, I should have the new version up for download in a couple of hours at most.

Now, in the Start Menu, / All Programs / Microsoft Games folder, there is a folder; Microsoft / Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Flight Simulator X SDK. Of which I'm not sure I can remove due to needing it for Gmax modeling. I'm hesitant.

That's nothing to do with this. Just leave it alone if you need it. Start Menu items are only shortcuts in any case, nothing to do with any of this.

Pete

I am not sure if this is where I need to put this, but here it goes.   I am having problems with my autopilot readouts going by 10s and 1000s, the only fix I could find was to down load "event logger" which requires fsuipc,  So I download fsuipc, when I went to start fs, the box came up that says run, I clicked it and another box with yes and no came up for about 1/2 second and shut down my fs program completely, never had the chance to click on the other box....  could not get fs to work again till I deleted fsuipc..  any help?

I am not sure if this is where I need to put this, but here it goes.   I am having problems with my autopilot readouts going by 10s and 1000s, the only fix I could find was to down load "event logger" which requires fsuipc,  So I download fsuipc, when I went to start fs, the box came up that says run, I clicked it and another box with yes and no came up for about 1/2 second and shut down my fs program completely, never had the chance to click on the other box....  could not get fs to work again till I deleted fsuipc..  any help?

Please see the FAQ subforum thread entitled "fsx fails to run after fsuipc4 first installed/".

BTW you should have started a new thread as you've appended to one entirely unrelated.

Pete