The simFlight Network Forums

Problem FSUIPC Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Dear Pete Dowson!

I‘ m Zacharie Ketterer from the black forest in Germany and I‘ m 16 years old.

I’ m very interested in flying and I want to build my own home simulator and  therefore I bought the Saitek multipanel.

Now I have a very big problem and I search after a solution since 1 year.

1st : when I connect the multipanel to my simulator (Microsoft Flight simulator X) the computer tells me that is it impossible to connect it with fsuipc. Then I called Saitek and they told me that they would write me an e- mail with the solution. In the mail  they write me that the download is WideFS Server and Widefs Client with all the other data’s. They told me too that they can’t help me more out.

2nd I looked up in the internet and I found your shop. Now I bought FSUIPC4 (2068)and WIDEFS7 to connect the multipanel with my simulator. It worked out perfectly but then I noticed that the trim wheel is working completely in the wrong direction and that the multipanel is sometimes kicked out of the game.  What I have remarked too is that the fsuipc which I have brought is for the Microsoft flight simulator 2004.

I hope you can help me out and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks so much for your quick answer because I really get frustrated and I thought already to give multipanel and all Saitek instruments back but you are my last HELP.

Best regards

Zacharie

1st : when I connect the multipanel to my simulator (Microsoft Flight simulator X) the computer tells me that is it impossible to connect it with fsuipc. Then I called Saitek and they told me that they would write me an e- mail with the solution. In the mail  they write me that the download is WideFS Server and Widefs Client with all the other data’s. They told me too that they can’t help me more out.

WideFS is ony for linking applications to FS across a network. Why are you connecting the multipanel on a different PC to FS?

2nd I looked up in the internet and I found your shop. Now I bought FSUIPC4 (2068)and WIDEFS7 to connect the multipanel with my simulator. It worked out perfectly but then I noticed that the trim wheel is working completely in the wrong direction and that the multipanel is sometimes kicked out of the game.  What I have remarked too is that the fsuipc which I have brought is for the Microsoft flight simulator 2004.

No. FSUIPC 4 and WideFS7 are most certainly for FSX and Prepar3D, NOT FS2004. For FS2004 you need FSUIPC3 and WideFS6.

Saitek support seems to be very poor, and they are als not on my list of companies I care to help as they refused to pay an agreed fee for the use of FSUIPC in FS2004 days. As far as I know, for FSX no Saitek equipment uses or needs either FSUIPC or WideFS. I think you might hasve wasted your money.

Regards

Pete

Unfortunately, the OP managed to report this thread to the admin team, rather than reply to the thread, so here's the content of the report...

"Dear Pete

Thanks so much for your answer. I appreciate it very much.

I have the following comments and questions.

As o
You know I use FSX (newest simulator). Because the Saitek mule panel does not work and because I didn't get any support my last chance.are you and I bought FSUIPC and WIDEFS client. Can you tell me which program I need and what I shall do (new panel from other company ? Which one?)

Probably you can help me. Shall I return the Saitek multipanel?

Best Regards

Zacharie"