The simFlight Network Forums

End addon in DLL.xml (with LUA)?

Hello Pete,

I have Flight1's Soundstream (a tool to keep FSX sound active, even FSX window lost focus)

My problem is, that I have some addons, where soundstream does definitely crash FSX. Best example is A2A's B17G

Of course I asked Flight1 support and the addon dev's, but each says the other one have to fix it.

Now, what I want to do is - when one of these addon planes is loaded - to disable (kill) soundstream.

Problem is, I do not find it as task in task manager or anywhere else.

My question is now:

If soundstream.dll is started with dll.xml is there any way to kill that from inside FSX?

many thanks,

Guenter

My question is now:

If soundstream.dll is started with dll.xml is there any way to kill that from inside FSX?

many thanks,

Guenter

No, sorry, Ther's no way of ending a DLL unless it, itself, has a function which tells it to quit. Then you'd need something to call it. If it uses SimConnect it probably has the function which SimConnect calls to tell DLLs to tidy up ready to exit, but otherwise it will just have the normal DLL exit function called by Windows when the program is closing -- the program here being FSX of course.

Pete