The simFlight Network Forums

PREPARD3D and Aleiron axis problem

hi

i actually use FSX and i have all my controls working perfectly without any problem sing FSUIPC
yesterdaty i decide to give a chance to PREPARD that i have it since 1.4 version but i did not try it deeply yet

the problem is that the elevator is doing extrange things moving alone.
i had disable all the axis of the other joysticks in prepard config menu and only have the elevator and aleiron axes of the yoke.
if i go to fsuipc and move tha axes, i find a 16383 signal that comes near 0 and then follows normal and get art the end 16383.

i calibrate and have the same result. but the most extrange is that in fsuipc of fsx it works perfect, and FSX controls move perfect
i also realise that moving the aleiron and elevator with keys, in fsx when you push the number 5 of keypad, all the axis gets centered, and in prepard in my case it only works for the aleiron and not for the elevator that stays in UP position after pushing 5 (i did this test with the Yoke unplagged)
how can i know what is giving me the problem?

i have disabled all the axes assigments of all the other devices

i insist that in FSX everything works perfect

thanks a lot

Miguel

how can i know what is giving me the problem?

... i insist that in FSX everything works perfect

Use the FSUIPC4.INI file from FSX in P3D -- just copy it over. If you do that AND make sure the controllers are definitely disabled in P3D as they should be in FSX, then as far as FSUIPC is concerned all is the same and you know the problem is with P3D. Report it on their website.

Regards

Pete

thanks pete, i will do it and also report to you

When i calibrate the yoke in Windows menu, the axes moves perfectly, the problem is a jump to 16386 near the 0.

Also the fact that the elevator is not centered when you push 5 is strange.

Does this happen in your system?

Miguel

When i calibrate the yoke in Windows menu, the axes moves perfectly, the problem is a jump to 16386 near the 0.

That sounds as if the pot in the control is worn at one end and is simply disconnecting at that end.

Also the fact that the elevator is not centered when you push 5 is strange.

Does this happen in your system?

Not that I've noticed, but I'm testing P3D V2 at present. If I get time later I'll take a look. Certinly FSUIPC won't have anything to do with that in any case.

Regards

Pete

Yes, it is the same with P3D version 1.4 here.

But I think this is intended. The control actually assigned to NUM 5 is "Center Ailer Rudder", no mention of elevator. This is true both in P3D and FSX. So I loaded FSX and checked it there. You said:

in fsx when you push the number 5 of keypad, all the axis gets centered

but I just checked it in FSX and it is the same -- only aileron and rudder are centered. Maybe you have something programmed for this key in FSX?

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete

you are completely right, in fsx the elevator also does not center when push nº 5.

Well i fixe the problem.

When i copy the FSUIPC.ini file into the prepard3d modules the problems with the calibration was solved, but the elevator was still moving up and down alone.

i had the yoke(aleiron and elevator) config in prepard configuration  and also in fsuipc section.

when i delete the assigments in Prepard3d configuration and just let fsuipc to operate, no it works perfect

in FSX also, the correct is to config only in FSUIPC?

thanks a lot

Miguel

in FSX also, the correct is to config only in FSUIPC?

Well, you can mix assignments in FS and in FSUIPC, but you have to be sure there's no assignments to the same axis or control, or they will conflict and give odd results. Unfortunately, FSUIPC cannot stop FS reading and using joystick axes and buttons -- unlike keypresses which it can easily 'capture' before FS sees them.

The big danger with having controllers enabled in FS whilst you are also assigning in FSUIPC is that even if you delete FS assignments, it has the nasty habit of sometimes automatically re-assigning them. This especially happens if you ever unplug a control and plug it in again, or if some glitch occurs in the system which makes the USB connection look new.

This applies to all --- FS9, FSX, Prepar3D.

Regards

Pete