The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Radio Panel & FSUIPC

post-78781-0-70729000-1383370356.jpg

Hi Pete,

Would you or anyone know if it is possible to program FSUIPC to power the Saitek radio panel on or off?

When FSX starts up, the Saitek radio panel lights up and stays on, it would be nice if a person could program the panel to only power up when the master batt + Master Alt are switched on.

Do you know if this is possible?

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Would you or anyone know if it is possible to program FSUIPC to power the Saitek radio panel on or off?

You might be able to do it with a Lua plug-in and its COM / HID library, if you can figure out the encoding and protocol, but it wouldn't be a trivial job. Sorry, but I don't support Saitek devices because they refused to pay an agreed and invoiced one-off fee for using FSUIPC for all their units in FS9. Sorry. Try GoFlight. Their radio units are a lot nicer looking anyway.

Regards

Pete

Ah ok...thanks for the info Pete...

I know a million people have said it before, but I must say thanks again for all your hard work creating FSUIPC, I'm a brand new registered user and my new fully enclosed Cessna flight simulator won't be what it is without the capabilities of FSUIPC!

For that I thank you!

Sam

Edited by Tracon

If your default flight is set as a "cold and dark" flight, with "Avionics Master" turned OFF, along with Battery Off, that panel shouldn't light up anyway. Mine doesn't until I turn "Avionics Master" ON. I can turn battery on, and the radio is still dead until I turn on the avionics. If yours works differently, then maybe investigate why it does.

Mind you, I DO have the switch panel aswell, but I doubt that is relevent.

Hi Tiger,

My Saitek Radio panel powers up as soon as I start FSX up and has some default freq showing on the panel, once I start a flight and turn on the master alt/batt switches, the radio on the screen powers on, and then the the saitek panel reads the same as the radio on the screen in the program. 

I wish I could set it up so it doesn't power up until the one on the screen does...

Sam