The simFlight Network Forums

Potententiometer or FSUIPC setting?

Hello Pete

I wonder if I could have your advice on the following please?

I'm trying to achieve smooth movements on the control column. I have noticed on the elevator position display (might not be quite the right terminology) 

when I move the column forward in order to descend,  the amount of movement of the column is not proportionate to the  amount of movement on the display and as a result

it is not easy to maintain the smoothness I am looking for. It's ok when pulling back on the column so I was wondering is there a setting where I can adjust only the forward movement in FSUIPC

or is it possible I need a new pot?

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you

Regards

Alan W

I'm trying to achieve smooth movements on the control column. I have noticed on the elevator position display (might not be quite the right terminology) 

when I move the column forward in order to descend,  the amount of movement of the column is not proportionate to the  amount of movement on the display and as a result

it is not easy to maintain the smoothness I am looking for. It's ok when pulling back on the column so I was wondering is there a setting where I can adjust only the forward movement in FSUIPC

or is it possible I need a new pot?

Assuming it's a linear pot, then it sounds like you simply haven't got the centre in the right place. Maybe the pot has twisted in its mounting? On some yokes I've seen there's a trim lever or adjustment which doesn't operate elevator trim but actually moves the centre position.

Pete