The simFlight Network Forums

MCP Combo II, FSUIPC and COM button

Hi Pete,

I have configured the QualityWings Ultimate BAe 146 and Flight1 ATR72-500 in FS9 to make it work with MCP Combo II through FSUIPC macros. I have set almost all the functions, EFIS, Autopilot and Radios. However in the radios module I did not have to use macro since it works without touching anything except the COM. If I press the COM button it does nothing, not even change the value(i.e. from ADF to COM) in the display. If I press other button like NAV, it change the display to NAV and can toggle the frequency, etc.

I guess it was due to the add-on but I test the same with the default FS9 aircraft and the behavior is the same. I am using VSPE in order to use the MCP Combo II as a joy to make it work through macros. I do not know if VSPE void the use of the COM button.

I am using the latest FSUIPC version 3.999z8 on FS9 and W7 64bits.

What do you think?

Thanks

Kiko

I have configured the QualityWings Ultimate BAe 146 and Flight1 ATR72-500 in FS9 to make it work with MCP Combo II through FSUIPC macros. I have set almost all the functions, EFIS, Autopilot and Radios. However in the radios module I did not have to use macro since it works without touching anything except the COM. If I press the COM button it does nothing, not even change the value(i.e. from ADF to COM) in the display. If I press other button like NAV, it change the display to NAV and can toggle the frequency, etc.

I guess it was due to the add-on but I test the same with the default FS9 aircraft and the behavior is the same. I am using VSPE in order to use the MCP Combo II as a joy to make it work through macros. I do not know if VSPE void the use of the COM button.

No. All of the radio facilities are passed through. FSUIPC doesn't need to do anything at all with them. There is no difference for COM or NAV or ADF or DME or TRN. If the COM button is not working I can only think it is a hardware fault.

You can try logging for VRI in FSUIPC (I think this is documented in the PDF about setting it up?)), or perhaps VRInsight website has a program to test with.

For more help i suggest you visit the VRI support forum. I am leaving very soon now for a holiday.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, I sent Kiko here to ask for advice because its not a hardware fault, the panel works fine by default until VSPE is used then the user says that the COM button stops working with all aircraft even default ones, this I simply cannot understand, hence why I sent him to you for advice. I don't have FS9 either so I am not able to test this.

Have a nice holiday though.

No. All of the radio facilities are passed through. FSUIPC doesn't need to do anything at all with them. There is no difference for COM or NAV or ADF or DME or TRN. If the COM button is not working I can only think it is a hardware fault.

You can try logging for VRI in FSUIPC (I think this is documented in the PDF about setting it up?)), or perhaps VRInsight website has a program to test with.

For more help i suggest you visit the VRI support forum. I am leaving very soon now for a holiday.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. I do not think it is hardware related since if I do not use VSPE, the COM works fine, but I need the VPSE to use macros. I already talked to Andy at VR support and he suggested to talk with you.

Regards

Kiko

Thanks Pete. I do not think it is hardware related since if I do not use VSPE, the COM works fine, but I need the VPSE to use macros. I already talked to Andy at VR support and he suggested to talk with you.

Regards

Kiko

I have combo here and it has always worked fine. I'll re-test when I get back on the 28th. Sorry, I am packing for holiday at this moment.

Andy can help you enable logging to see what is happening. FSUIPC has never handled the radios by default -- there has never been any need.

Pete

To be honest Kiko, I am not sure what to do myself. I only fly FSX and I use the facilities in a program called "Linda" to enable the logging features, its very simple to do in that as there is a specific option that says enable VRi communication logging, which is what you need to do, but I don't know what to enable in FSUIPC directly or even if its the same in FS9. Linda doesn't work in FS9 so that is no use to you.

There is a TAB in FSUIPC called logging perhaps if you have a play with it yourself after reading the manual you may be able to work it out. I suspect the EVENTS logging option is the one you need to use, so if you run FS in Windowed mode and also tick the "Send To Console" option it will open another window for you with the log being displayed in real time as you press buttons on the VRi hardware.