The simFlight Network Forums

Error Message "Wide Server waiting for clients"

Hi all,

Forst time post and new user of FSUIPC Wide. I have been having crashes of FSX since loading the FSUIPC Wide.

The following is a log file from Wide Client;

"********* WideClient Log [version 6.999b] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 15/11/13, Time 15:14:46.116: Client name is ALLAN-PC
      891 Attempting to connect now
      891 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast
      891 Failed to connect: waiting to try again
      891 LUA: "C:\Users\Allan\Downloads\Initial.LUA": not found
     2891 Attempting to connect now

Connection does not happen. 

When FSX is put in the systems tray it cannot berestarted. I am not sure if this is a related problem or not.

The main reason for me wanting to use two screens is so that I can have Aivilsoft EFB running on one while using PMDG's 737 and 777 aircraft in FSX on the other.

Any ideas as to how I can correct the problems?

Allan R

• 2 weeks later...

Forst time post and new user of FSUIPC Wide. I have been having crashes of FSX since loading the FSUIPC Wide.

WideFS consists of the Server, which is built into FSUIPC4, running inside FSX, and the Client, which is implemented by WideClient.EXE running on the Client PC. There is no way you can "load the FSUIPC wide" (as you say) except by running FSX with FSUIPC4 installed.

The following is a log file from Wide Client;

If you have purchased a WideFS registration and have registered it on the FSX PC, then as well as the WideClient.LOG file from the Client PC there will be a WideServer.LOG file in the FSX Modules folder. You need to show that as well.

"********* WideClient Log [version 6.999b] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 15/11/13, Time 15:14:46.116: Client name is ALLAN-PC

891 Attempting to connect now

891 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

891 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

891 LUA: "C:\Users\Allan\Downloads\Initial.LUA": not found

2891 Attempting to connect now

Connection does not happen. 

So your Client PC is "ALLAN-PC", running what version of Windows? What is your FSX PC running?

The main reason for me wanting to use two screens is so that I can have Aivilsoft EFB running on one while using PMDG's 737 and 777 aircraft in FSX on the other.

Any ideas as to how I can correct the problems?

Hmmm. Two points there:

1. If your "two screens" are on the same PC, then WideFS is nothing to do with it -- WideFS is for use over a network, with the screens on different PCs!

2. Aivlasoft's EFB doesn't use FSUIPC and so doesn't need and cannot use WideFS. It has its own Networking facilities built in.

Regards

Pete

Thanks everyone. I seem to have quite the wrong end of the stick - my sincere apologies. I did not fully understand what FSUIPC was used for but now have a better understanding. I seem to recall seeing somewhere that a re write of Aivlasofts EFB is going to be available soon but would need FSUIPC to run, however, I will cross that particular bridge when and if that transpires to be the case. I think that is where I have misled myself. I have now managed to get both screens up and running with the EFB on my secondary screen.

For the record I am running Windows 8.1 with two screens connected to one PC. I have an n'Vidia 580 graphics card and a Pentium i7 chip with 16mb of RAM. Everything seems to run OK on Windows 8.1 including PMDG's 737NG and 777-200LR.

Regards,

Allan R