The simFlight Network Forums

Save flight on exit

GHD

It wouldn't work until you removed the P3D Simconnect dll that came with FSUIPC, I noticed the same.

Sorry, I don't understand. Can you clarify this please? And which version of P3D?

I've not released the Version 2 compatible FSUIPC4 yet as it came out whilst I was on holiday. I've just installed V2 and will be working on it in the next day or two.

Pete

I noticed that until I removed the SimconnectP3D.dll in the modules folder autosave would not work in P3D V2, with it removed it started working. I wasn't aware that FSUIPC didn't support P3D V2, your logs, installer and info on the forum somewhere seemed contradictory on this point, more likely I misinterpreted what I read. But it is not a problem, everyone knew you were on a well deserved holiday and we managed to fumbled a partial fix in the mean time.

I noticed that until I removed the SimconnectP3D.dll in the modules folder autosave would not work in P3D V2, with it removed it started working. I wasn't aware that FSUIPC didn't support P3D V2, your logs, installer and info on the forum somewhere seemed contradictory on this point, more likely I misinterpreted what I read. But it is not a problem, everyone knew you were on a well deserved holiday and we managed to fumbled a partial fix in the mean time.

There were three Beta releases of Prepar3D v2 made available BEFORE I went on holiday, and I made specific versions of FSUIPC for each one. Every change by Lockheed-Martin means changes to fSUIPC because it has many hooks into the internals It has always been like this. The specific releases were made to the Beta group only and announced on the private Beta forum.   The only P3D v2 announcement on this Forum was that the Installer itself now worked on V2, and that is still true.

Just after I left for my holiday the 4th Beta appeared, and I was going to deal with that immediately on my return (yesterday), but then within days of Beta4 the "gold" came out. It took most of yesterday to download it and install it, and I am about to do the conversion now.

Please do read what I say in release details a little more carefully.  Using anything before 4.923 with the released version of P3Dv2 may well cause unexpected problems because for some actions it will probably be hooking into the wrong place in the P3D code. I do put extra code in place to double check these things, but it is possible for it to cause crashes or other problems nonetheless. I know at least one thing isn't working correctly, and that is Wind Smoothing. There are probably others.

Regards

Pete