The simFlight Network Forums

mapping question.

I found a pdf that explains that for the hat switches to use pan view, and the various degrees for the parameters, but this setup reacts very sluggishly, is there another view option that works as well?

Assign the hat as Pan View in the axis assiggnments, not as a set of buttons!!! That's an option made for other uses!

Pete

What I did was: Axes assignments, then twirled the hat switch so that would be what I was dealing with, then clicked on control sent when range entered: Pan View,  Is any of that or all of that wrong?

Why use the Range section? That's for setting dfferent controls for different places on the axis range. You are using a hat. It doesn't have a "range". Simply assign in the assignments section on the left. All that's not just there for decoration.

Please please please do refer to the FSUIPC user guide for assistance. It sounds like you've never looked at it. There are pictures!

Pete