The simFlight Network Forums

squawkbox not seeing fsx from client pc

well i've tried everything i can think of after following the instructions for squawkbox.  which told me i needed widefs so i bought it with fsuipc4.

widefs is connected to fsx but when i start squawkbox and try to connect to vatsim no good!!! message saying no sim running be sure flight simulator is running.

Please help i've read alot of forums and im getting very frustrated with this.

well i've tried everything i can think of after following the instructions for squawkbox.  which told me i needed widefs so i bought it with fsuipc4.

The version of Squawkbox which works with FSUIPC, and just maybe WideFS, is Squawkbox 3, which is for FS9. The FSX version, Squawkbox 4 does not use FSUIPC and therefore does not use WideFS -- it uses SimConnect.

Pete

I've tried installing squawkbox4 with the wideclient deactivated and without wide fs running also I cant seem to get it to work.  when I run squawkbox4 on the same machine as fsx it seems to be too much for my pc.  i'm already running the pcc to its max.  I surely would like some help with this, I use xsquawkbox for xplane on the same machine it works great.  but I want to be able to use squawkbox with fsx also.

thanks for any help cangive me.

I've tried installing squawkbox4 with the wideclient deactivated and without wide fs running also I cant seem to get it to work.  when I run squawkbox4 on the same machine as fsx it seems to be too much for my pc.  i'm already running the pcc to its max.  I surely would like some help with this, I use xsquawkbox for xplane on the same machine it works great.  but I want to be able to use squawkbox with fsx also.

thanks for any help cangive me.

If it uses SimConnect, as I thought it did, you need SimConnect configured for it. Or else it does its own Networking and needs two components, one on the FSX PC and one on the other. But I really do not know. I don't use Squawkbox at all so can't help directly.

The documentation should really tell you what to do.

Isn't there a Squawkbox forum where you can get more specific help?  Most visitors here are more concerned with FSUIPC and WideFS. Perhaps your virtual flying website, or VATSIM or IVAO forums?

Pete