The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs and FSInn

G'day Pete, 

I run fs2004 on 2 networked PCs using Wideview with FS and WV running on both.  Could I use Widefs to run Vatsim on the 'client' computer (which only has views on 5 monitors) to allow the Vatsim traffic onto the 'client' screens?  I have tried running FSInn/copilot on both 'server' and 'client' and keep getting conflict warnings.  At the moment I can only see the Vatsim traffic on the 'server', but as I only use it to run panels its not visible, the main view being minimised behind the panels.

thanks & regards,

Mike

G'day Pete, 

I run fs2004 on 2 networked PCs using Wideview with FS and WV running on both.  Could I use Widefs to run Vatsim on the 'client' computer (which only has views on 5 monitors) to allow the Vatsim traffic onto the 'client' screens?  I have tried running FSInn/copilot on both 'server' and 'client' and keep getting conflict warnings.  At the moment I can only see the Vatsim traffic on the 'server', but as I only use it to run panels its not visible, the main view being minimised behind the panels.

WideFS is a system for extending the FSUIPC application interface to other PCs, ones not running FS. It won't work with extra PCs actually running FS and it doesn't help in any case with programs which don't even use FSUIPC for anything, like FSINN (as far as I know). FSUIPC does not have any facilities for creating traffic in any case, so neither Squawkbox nor FSInn can be using it for such things -- at most they would be reading the user aircraft data through FSUIPC/WideFS and maybe setting the weather.

Regards

Pete

Well went on the Vatsim forum and they - and I quote - said ' not a clue, but try contacting Pete Dowson, because if anyone can sort it, he can'.  Just praise in my opinion, but probably a distraction for you!

I will try and hunt out another source, but thanks anyway,

take care,

Mike