The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle range

Hi

Im a newb to FSX and am trying to setup a saitek av8r-02 joystick. Using your  program i can assign the z axis to the throttle but in the joystick calibration section it wont recognize the full range in the bottom right hand section. On the axis assignment it goes from -16840 to 16840 but in the calibration i can only seem to get it to recognize -2640 to 2640. How can i get it to recognize the whole range please?

Im a newb to FSX and am trying to setup a saitek av8r-02 joystick. Using your  program i can assign the z axis to the throttle but in the joystick calibration section it wont recognize the full range in the bottom right hand section. On the axis assignment it goes from -16840 to 16840 but in the calibration i can only seem to get it to recognize -2640 to 2640. How can i get it to recognize the whole range please?

Where are you reading the -2640 to 2640? As the "IN" value? Have you assigned to the single generic throttle? Without knowing your assignment it is difficult to know what you are doing from here.

Assuming you haven't scaled the axis value in the axis assignments section of the FSUIPC4 INI file (something which would need some editing of the file), then there should be no difference at all between the value seen in the axis assignment screen to that in the calibration screen. In fact if you used the "FSUIPC calibration" assignment instead of the FS control assignment, then it is a copy, directly from one to the other.

If you used an FS control then it is possible something else is scaling it, though I've never heard of anything doing something like that.

You've really not provided enough information for me to help further. Maybe the best thing is for you to paste the contents of your FSUIPC4.INI filer into a message here -- you find it in the FSX Modules folder.

Oh, and please ALWAYS state the version number of the FSUIPC4 you are using.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete, apologies the version is the latest one (downloaded a couple of days ago). The ini file is below.

[General]
UpdatedByVersion=4928
History=0RQS3MZ5H7A7S2WFBPH2V
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
InitDelay=0
GetNearestAirports=No
OOMcheck=Yes
WeatherReadFactor=2
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
CustomWeatherModify=No
SimConnectStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
Console=No
InitDelayDevicesToo=No
NewInterceptTextMenu=No
UseSystemTime=No
UseMidMouseBtn=Yes
MouseWheelMove=No
MouseWheelTrim=Yes
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
JoystickTimeout=20
PollGFTQ6=Yes
BlankDisplays=No
FixControlAccel=No
FixMachSpeedBug=No
DeleteVehiclesForAES=No
AutoScanDevices=Yes
VisibilityOptions=No
OneCloudLayer=No
CloudTurbulence=No
CloudIcing=No
GenerateCirrus=No
SuppressCloudTurbulence=No
MaxIce=3
MinIce=-1
UpperWindGusts=No
SuppressWindTurbulence=No
SuppressWindVariance=No
WindTurbulence=No
TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0
TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40
SuppressAllGusts=No
MaxSurfaceWind=0
WindLimitLevel=200
WindDiscardLevel=400
WindAjustAltitude=No
WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000
SmoothBySimTime=No
WindSmoothing=No
WindSmoothness=2
WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes
PressureSmoothness=0
TemperatureSmoothness=0
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=No
WhiteMessages=No
ShowPMcontrols=No
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=No
ClockSyncMins=5
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
OwnWeatherChanges=No
TimeForSelect=4
LoadFlightMenu=No
LoadPlanMenu=No
PauseAfterCrash=No
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
ZapSound=firework
ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring
UseProfiles=Yes
EnableMouseLook=No
FSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.61355.0
SimConnectUsed=10.0.61242.0

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Controller (Aviator for Xbox 360/PC)
0.GUID={5E9162A0-8859-11E3-8001-444553540000}

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes

[buttons]
ButtonRepeat=20,10

[AutoSave]
Next=1
Interval=60
Files=10
SaveOnGround=No
AutoSaveEnabled=No

[GPSout]
GPSoutEnabled=No

[GPSout2]
GPSoutEnabled=No

[sounds]
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device3=Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device4=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60
Aileron=-16380,0,0,16380
Elevator=-16380,0,0,16380
Throttle=2927,2927

[Axes]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0Z,256
1=0Z,B,-16384,16383,65765,0

screens look like this;

4QSOIuT.png

kZvcsME.png

i do have the throttle assigned in FSX as well.

Please let me know if you need anything else?

Thanks

Dave

Thanks Pete, apologies the version is the latest one (downloaded a couple of days ago). The ini file is below.

Saying "latest" is no good. Folks have said that before and been using a year old one! This is why I always need the NUMBER. It isn't difficult to find -- it is shown in the main options tab, it is shown in the properties (right click on the DLL), and it is shown in the log files. uckily, because I also put it (these days) into the INI file I see it as "4928", but please remember to quote it next time.

Throttle=2927,2927

[Axes]

RangeRepeatRate=10

0=0Z,256

1=0Z,B,-16384,16383,65765,0

i do have the throttle assigned in FSX as well.

Huh? What are you trying to use the range assignments on the right-hand side of the axes tab for? Did you not read any part of the User Guide at all?

The specific range assignments facility is there to allow different things to be sent at different points on the axis range, and even different things when moving the axis up or down. It allows things like switches to be thrown, keys to be pressed, offsets to be manipulated, even plug-ins to be handled. It is NOT an axis assignment facility for normal axis operations at all!  One of the main uses, and the example given in the User Guide, is for a Gear Lever, to send Gear Up and Gear Down switch controls based on the movement of the lever.

Do NOT try using it for simple assignment -- that's the whole point of the main section of the axes tab, on the left hand side. If you'd perused the User Guide you'd have seen this. You are using ENTIRELY the wrong facility! The left hand side provides different methods of sending the controls and drop dwon lists of all of the axis assignable controls to assign to.

Furthermore, you say you have the throttle assigned in FS as well! Why? You must NEVER EVER have the same thing assigned in both FS and FSUIPC! You'll ALWAYS have conflicts if you do!

I suggest you either delete the lines I show above, or maybe just delete your INI file and start again. And before doing anything further in FSUIPC please read at least some of the User Guide, especially the axis assignments chapter.

Or else stick to assigning in FSX. It looks like you are doing in any case, so why are you messing with the assignments in FSUIPC as well? You can still calibrate in FSUIPC with FS assignments.  For simple applications with only one controller that's probably the best option in any case.

Regards

Pete