The simFlight Network Forums

Error SIM1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

With FSUIPC 4.929, I'm getting this error on log, what can be?

811 ### Failed to obtain SIM1 Frictions access: no frictions facilities available!

What version of FS? What version of SIM1.

All this means is that the SIM1.DLL you are using is probably patched already. Some folks took advantage of a patched SIM1 from somewhere on the Internet, and the friction values in it were not original. Replace it with the correct SIM1 for your version of FS. 

Pete

Restore the original sim1.dll file and use the dynamicfrictions.lua instead it much better and more sophisticated than then version you are trying to use now.

Where I can obtain this one and how should I install/do?

I've FSX ACC, it was SIM1.DLL for single engine taxi and idle taxi, I've downloaded here (site not longer exists) http://fs-mp.com/sim1/

And was wrote it was done by you.

No, I have NEVER provided anyone with a patched SIM1.DLL. It is actually not legal to post Microsoft files for all to download.

Before with other versions this error never had.

Now with that version I got this error.

That is because with the previous version it was not being logged, but the check was still there. I added the log entry to make it clear to me and others when using the assorted P3D versions and patches whether something needed changes.

Pete