The simFlight Network Forums

On holiday?

While I hope Pete is enjoying his holiday, it seems my FSUIPC has decided to take one as well.

I use a Thrustmaster Hotas X with all buttons (except the coolie hat which is mapped to pan view thru FSX) and axes mapped thru FSUIPC.

I no longer have the use of any FSUIPC functions.  I know the USB connection is OK since the pan view still works. 

I have attached both my INI and LOG files in the hopes that they will reveal my problem.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Best Regards,

Slim

WDS_ FSUIPC4.1.zip

WDS_FSUIPC4_INI.zip

While I hope Pete is enjoying his holiday, it seems my FSUIPC has decided to take one as well.

Well, I've not changed your install of FSUIPC whilst I've been on holiday, so someone else must have done it! ;-)

I use a Thrustmaster Hotas X with all buttons (except the coolie hat which is mapped to pan view thru FSX) and axes mapped thru FSUIPC.

I no longer have the use of any FSUIPC functions.  I know the USB connection is OK since the pan view still works. 

Is the Pan View assigned in FSUIPC?

I have attached both my INI and LOG files in the hopes that they will reveal my problem.

Let's see.

The log file you supplied appears not to be a current log (which would be named FSUIPC4.LOG) but an archived one (FSUIPC4.1.LOG) from October 2013. So that's not helpful at all.

The INI file shows you are using an out of date version (4.927a). The current supported version is 4.929.  It also shown a great many assignments to joystick 0, which is:

0=Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals

and only one per profile to device 1:

1=T.Flight Hotas X

so I woud guess that you've disconnected these at some time and plugged them in differently, or in a different order. If you want to do things like that I strongly suggest that you use the joystick lettering facility (see contents list for the FSUIPC User Guide).  Just change this section:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals
0.GUID={2F122DF0-5981-11E2-8001-444553540000}
1=T.Flight Hotas X
1.GUID={05B0A020-0713-11E1-8001-444553540000}
to this:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
1=Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals
1.GUID={2F122DF0-5981-11E2-8001-444553540000}
0=T.Flight Hotas X
0.GUID={05B0A020-0713-11E1-8001-444553540000}
Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete.  Hope your holiday went well.  Pan View is not assigned in FSUIPC. (but I will be experimenting with doing so in the future)  Sorry for the outdated Log file.  Somehow all the Hotas X assignments ended up assigned to the rudder pedals so I will implement your AutoAssign suggestion. 

Best Regards,

Slim

Thanks for the reply Pete.  Hope your holiday went well.  Pan View is not assigned in FSUIPC. (but I will be experimenting with doing so in the future)  Sorry for the outdated Log file.  Somehow all the Hotas X assignments ended up assigned to the rudder pedals so I will implement your AutoAssign suggestion. 

Just make the change I showed above where I swapped the numbers over.. That may just save you editing every line or reassigning everything individually.

Pete