The simFlight Network Forums

A long time user, but

I have used FSUIPC and WideFS since version 3 and have version 4 [latest] installed.  I obtained my order details and both sets of Keys, but FSUIPC will not accept the Version 4 Key that I have input - Also the WideFS Key is similarly ignored.  I would like it back please, no hurry but help wpuld be appreciated.  Thank you.

Hello,

Log into your simMarket account and copy and paste the information directly from your registration details there into the installer.

It's very easy to make transposition errors when typing them in, or to miss out a middle initial that you used when registering, etc. Therefore, please try copying pasting to confirm that you aren't doing that before anything else. Also, be careful that you aren't trying to use your FSUIPC3 order details in FSUIPC4... A lot of people have tried that one, too!

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks for the response Ian P.  Should have said that I did it exactly this way as well as the "type it in myself" method,  Still no luck I'm afraid.

All three parts must be exactly correct, not just the Key.

You must be using the current version. You say "latest", but what number is that? It should be 4.929.

Check the date on your PC. If that is before your purchase date the keys will be invalid.

Pete

That's correct Pete, it is 4.929.  All 3 parts are being entered at the prompts, ie Name, Email and Keys.  I have tried activating both, Just FSUIPC and just WideFS with their respective keys all with the same result.  First time I have had an issue in blooming years,  Regards.

That's correct Pete, it is 4.929.  All 3 parts are being entered at the prompts, ie Name, Email and Keys.  I have tried activating both, Just FSUIPC and just WideFS with their respective keys all with the same result.  First time I have had an issue in blooming years,  Regards.

The registration system hasn't been changed at all since it was introduced with the release of FSUIPC3 and FS2004, with just one exception -- the facility to have a different email address for FSUIPC and WideFS. But the name filed must be identical.

I am certain you must be making an error because the keys are automatically generated, and, as I say, the checking in FSUIPC hasn't changed either. There's no way they can be wrong that I know.

You can't show me the details here so send everything to my email, petedowson@btconnect.com -- the data you are supposed to be entering and, if generated, the FSUIPC4.KEY file (ZIPPed please, or it won't get through) from the FSX Modules folder.

Pete

Thanks for the offer Pete, but I rose early today and reloaded the OS and FSX to there appropriate locations.  I downloaded a fresh copy of FSUIPC and, using the key information previously downloaded from the vendor, it activated this time.  I know that at 70 I am sometimes prone to make errors, but............................  Case closed.  Regards.