The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Pro Combat pedals

Hello Pete

Hope  you had a nice break?

I have Saitek Pro Combat pedals installed and assigned through FSUIPC. Is it better to calibrate them within their own calibration set up rather than FSUIPC.

Would assigning them in FSX assignments be detrimental to the other controls I have assigned in FSUIPC-elevator, aileron etc?

Thank you

Regards

Alan W

I have Saitek Pro Combat pedals installed and assigned through FSUIPC. Is it better to calibrate them within their own calibration set up rather than FSUIPC.

Your choice entirely. I don't know Saitek pedals from any others I'm afraid.

Would assigning them in FSX assignments be detrimental to the other controls I have assigned in FSUIPC-elevator, aileron etc?

Don't mix up the notions of assignment and calibration. FSUIPC's calibration works on FS controls, not axes, and works no matter where you assign.

Be aware that if you have FS's controllers enabled, then it can and often does automatically assign axes and buttons, especially if it, for any reason, thinks the controller is newly attached. If you are assigning in FSUIPC you should really disable controllers altogether in FS for this reason.

But if you are only using FSUIPC for calibration, you can assign everything in FS instead. Your choice. The main advantage of assigning axes in FSUIPC is simply that you can have different controllers for different aircraft, something you can't do with FS assignments.

Pete

I'm using the same pedals, with FSUIPC only. 

Working great.

-fsuipc rudder response curve to -4

-For Windows settings in Game controler properties for Pedals, I set a very small dead zone. 

I noticed the rudder twitching slightly when using external views

There are no marks or numbers to set by in there, but I'd say 2mm from center.

Edited by jorg.bc