The simFlight Network Forums

PushBack pyuipc.write not responding with unregistered FSUIPC4

I've made this pushback work perfectly on my registered version on my windows8.

But when i try it on an unregistered version of FSUIPC4 the aircraft does not response.

I opened up the logging window and monitored the offset 31f4 it is writing correctly i get 0x0 for start and 0x3 for stop, when i use the keyboard command for push back i get the same result in the logging window as when i do a pyuipc.write.

Again with my registered version of FSUIPC4 it works perfectly.

I am very close to submitting a new app in the app store but this "at this point" is my only hiccup.

If this is a result of the unregistered version thats ok with me but I'm just trying to clear up this issue any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.  I am looking for just a few people to BETA test an iPhone app for FSX or older Versions.

and abso;mutely the authors and contributors of FSUIPC and fs2Interogate i would be more than pleased to give you a copy and compliments I can.

I've made this pushback work perfectly on my registered version on my windows8.

But when i try it on an unregistered version of FSUIPC4 the aircraft does not response.

I opened up the logging window and monitored the offset 31f4 it is writing correctly i get 0x0 for start and 0x3 for stop, when i use the keyboard command for push back i get the same result in the logging window as when i do a pyuipc.write.

Again with my registered version of FSUIPC4 it works perfectly.

Ooops! Sorry. It's been that way since 4.921g, last October. If you look at the Changes document, number 4 details new "TimeForSelect" options. They affect all controls which are designed to work with a succeeding "Select 1, 2, 3, or 4" control, and of course that includes the Pushback. The parameter options are for registered users only, but the way I coded it meant that the controls themselves were not registered with SimConnect as events in an unregistered install! What a silly mistake! I'm surprised t has taken so long to be discovered!

That is a big bug! I am fixing it now -- in 4.929c. I will advise when it is ready ...

Pete

Thanks Pete, I can't Believe i missed that in the docs.

I will download that version and try it rite now. 

I'm still kind of a newby but the sdk is great another thanks for building this software and supporting it.

The sim community loves it as far as i can tell.