The simFlight Network Forums

Axis Assignment

I've assigned all my axis' with FSUIPC, they all work properly except one and I don't understand the difference.  Specifically, I've assigned the mixture control to my CHpro Stick's throttle wheel.  The problem is, it's either on or off like a button and not an axis.  What needs to be done to the menu as in the image below to make it function as an axis. I've used this same control in the windows set up with out this problem. Thank you. :)

axis_zps9d028860.jpg

It appears that something is setting nthe "Delta" to 32767. That is the amount that the axis input must change before FSUIPC4

will 'see' a change and act on it. At least that is my understanding.

Did you adhear to the assignment procedure and press "Delta" and then move the axis a small amount and press 'Delta"?

Also, I would check the calibration of that axis before making the assignment to insure that nthe output moves 'smoothly' with the input.

Paul

I've assigned all my axis' with FSUIPC, they all work properly except one and I don't understand the difference.  Specifically, I've assigned the mixture control to my CHpro Stick's throttle wheel.  The problem is, it's either on or off like a button and not an axis.  What needs to be done to the menu as in the image below to make it function as an axis. I've used this same control in the windows set up with out this problem. Thank you. :)

As Paul says, the Delta is set to 32767. The Delta is the value below which changes seen in the input will be ignored. It shouldn't normally be changed -- it's only normal purpose is to eliminate small scale jitter which has no bearing on the result but wastes a lot of processing time.

Check that the input value ("In") varies correctly between some large negative number, like -16383, and a similar positive number, like +16383. If not, if the axis input changes directly between such numbers, then it is defined as a digital one, not analogue, in your driver.

Pete

Also, I would check the calibration of that axis before making the assignment to insure that nthe output moves 'smoothly' with the input.

Paul

Problem is resolved. Even though after re-assigning the mixture and the numbers matching the other axis assignments, the throttle wheel on my CHpro Fighterstick still insisted on being on or off with no gradual movement in between.

I took your advice GB and did a Windoze calibration and then reassigned in FSUIPC. It now works as advertised.  :)

Thank you.