The simFlight Network Forums

help with payware fsuipc for fs9

I just installed fs9 and everything worked OK.Then installed your ver 3.06 to use with RC3.1.Everything seemed OK except now I can't look down or up on any of my 2d cockpit views except straight ahead.Figured it had something to do with the settings in FSUIPC so decided to purchase it knowing I was going to do it anyway.Now when I load FS9 I get error message stating that it cannot load FSUIPC and RC doesn't work.Tried deleting FSUIPC but can't do it.Is this because I purchased it and do not have a key yet?Please help.Thanks,Ron

Everything seemed OK except now I can't look down or up on any of my 2d cockpit views except straight ahead.Figured it had something to do with the settings in FSUIPC so decided to purchase it

No, FSUIPC doesn't have anything at all to do with views. Sorry, you have something else going on there. In fact in an unregistered version really does nothing at all except provide the interface for other programs.

Now when I load FS9 I get error message stating that it cannot load FSUIPC

Really? What message exactly is that, please?

Tried deleting FSUIPC but can't do it.

FSUIPC is uninstalled simply by deleting the FSUIPC.DLL file from the FS Modules folder, exactly the reverse of installing it. What exactly can't you do? Sorry, I don't understand. There is nothing magic about FSUIPC installations, it is deliberately kept very very simple. If the DLL is in the modules folder, it is loaded by FS, if it isn't there, then it isn't loaded. You can only change these things when FS isn't running, of course.

Is this because I purchased it and do not have a key yet?Please help.Thanks,Ron

No, how does FSUIPC know what you've done? Anyway, you don't need to purchase an FSUIPC registration to run the latest version of Radar Contact.

FSUIPC is not doing anything at all with FS views -- but maybe the hot keys assigned by Radar Contact are the same keypresses you want to use in your cockpit (Shift+1 2, 3 etc)? You can re-assign keys in Radar Contact. This is not specifically an FSUIPC function, Radar Contact assigns its key presses, the ones you choose through its options, and they would then take precedence over the functions otherwise assigned in FS.

Regards,

Pete

I think you hit it with the key assignments.I was up half the night having problems so I finally uninstalled fs/Will reinstall tonight.Also,I think I got my access key.Thanks.But I tried deleting the fsuipc.dll and winXP wpuld not let me do it.I can't remeber the message,but I just highlighted it and went to file delete and it would not do it.Thanks for the response have tp get to work.Will start over tonight.Ron

I tried deleting the fsuipc.dll and winXP wpuld not let me do it.I can't remeber the message,but I just highlighted it and went to file delete and it would not do it.

It will only ever not let you do that if it is being used -- i.e. if FS is running. You have to shut down FS first, that is all. you cannot delete a file which is being used by a program at the time.

Regards,

Pete

Got my access key,thanks.Will reinstall tonight.I am sure FS was not running and abouth the key assignments in RC,I just upgraded from 3.01 to 3.1 so wouldn't all preferences stay the same?I have a post in at the RC Forum.Now that I have access key will I have all options as before IE battery stays up etc.?I am going to start over with installing fs etc tonight.Thanks for the response.Ron

I am sure FS was not running

In that case Windows will not stop you deleting the DLL unless you had deliberately protected it -- e.g. made it read-only. It sounds as if you made a small error somewhere trying to delete it. All you need to to it select it in Windows Explorer and press the delete button, then Ok for for it to go into your recycle bin.

and abouth the key assignments in RC,I just upgraded from 3.01 to 3.1 so wouldn't all preferences stay the same?

I don't know, sorry. Maybe. I only suggested that as a possibility because, as I said, there is nothing in FSUIPC which deals with views nor which, by default, makes key assignments. And in an unregistered copy of FSUIPC there are no key assignments possible in any case.

Now that I have access key will I have all options as before IE battery stays up etc.?

Once you register FSUIPC you have access to all the options. If you still have your FSUIPC.INI file from version 2.xxx then the options set in that will apply if you copy it into the modules folder (before loading FS, of course).

Regards,

Pete

I just read your post about 3.07.I was having that exact problem with the screen going black between windows and full screen mode but it would not go to full screen at all.That's when I got really frustrated @ 2:00 am and unistalled FS.Also let me understand this.I should install ver 3.07 then copy the FSUIPC.ini from my FS2k2 to FS9?I never noticed that file before.On all your upgrades I just copied over the new FSUIPC.dll.Thanks for your patience.Ron

I just read your post about 3.07.I was having that exact problem with the screen going black between windows and full screen mode but it would not go to full screen at all.

The post in "Important" about black screen problems has been there for some time. I only updated it on release of 3.07. When you say it wouldn't go into full screen at all, do you mean you've never run it in full screen mode? If so it is more likely that there's something wrong with the Options - Settings - Display Hardware options.

Also let me understand this.I should install ver 3.07 then copy the FSUIPC.ini from my FS2k2 to FS9?

Not necessarily. Only if you want to retain whatever options you liked in FS2002. Some won't apply in any case, but things like keyboard and button assignments, joystick calibrations, some of the hot keys, and so on, will apply, if you used those and you want them to operate similarly in FS2004. The INI file is just where all the options in FSUIPC's dialogues are remembered, that's all.

Regards,

Pete

I just installed fs9 for the first time last night.I ran it "out of the box" first and everything was OK.Full screen to window mode and back to full screen etc.Then I installed latest ver of FS Nav,ver. 3.06 fuipc,advdisplay,and RC3.1.When I went from full screen to windows mode so I could run RC that's when it went black going back to full screen.I haven't been monitoring this problem in the forums because this is my first time using FS9.I think I tried the alt key but I'm not sure.I am going to do a step by step reinstall of everything tonight with ver 3.07.I didn't run fs9 enough before installing the extras to know if the problem happened only occaisonally. At least I know now that it's just not something I did wrong.Thanks,Ron