The simFlight Network Forums

Need Help Retaining Controller Callibs

Hi Guys

I know this has come up before but i cant find it anyware.  Nor is it specifically an FSUIPC problem. I think its a Windows issue.

Every single time I restart my PC (not FSX), I have to reallocate and calibrate all my controllers in FSUIPC:( Really frustrating:(

It's like windows and or FSUIPC forgets everything when shutting down.

Can anyone remember the fix please?

Every single time I restart my PC (not FSX), I have to reallocate and calibrate all my controllers in FSUIPC:( Really frustrating:(

It's like windows and or FSUIPC forgets everything when shutting down.

Can anyone remember the fix please?

There's no fix because I've never known such a problem. All of FSUIPC's settings are saved in the FSUIPC4.INI file, in your FSX Modules folder, and always read back from there. There's no way it will "forget" any of this because it reads it EVERY time you run FSX.

AND it's the same thing no matter whether you re-booted Windows or not. No difference.

Maybe you have some other software installed which is screwing up the USB connections and causing them to change each time? I can't imagine what could do that, but if that is what is happening what would result is that the same assignments would be there but activated by the wrong devices. is that what is occurring? If so you should set FSUIPC to use Joystick Letters instead of numbers. it will then identify devices by name and link them to the previous assignments. There's a chapter about this in the User Guide.

It's a good idea to use this facility in any case, whether there's a problem or not, once you have more than one control device.

Regards

Pete

Hi Dougal, I had this issue before I had all my saitek devises hooked into a usb Hub. To eliminate this problem I hooked all my usb devises direct to my computer Tower and reinstalled all the software of my saitek devises again to make sure the computer is recognise all your devises or controllers. Since then I never had any problems with the controllers. what Pete was indicating that is a usb issue and I believe it is.you could give it a try and see if it works.

Regards

Taufik

Hi Guys

Like I said Pete, I knew it wasn't an FSUIPC problem.  It had to be a Windows issue. No, it keeps the correct devices, just mixes up the assignments, so I get things like left yoke application applying the right brake etc.  Makes for a VERY interesting flight;-)))

I've never used a hub for my controllers. Always directly into PC USB sockets.  The ini file doesn't change, so its obviously NOT FSUIPC.  I was just asking as I know its come up before.

Like I said Pete, I knew it wasn't an FSUIPC problem.  It had to be a Windows issue. No, it keeps the correct devices, just mixes up the assignments, so I get things like left yoke application applying the right brake etc

You DEFINITELY want to use Joy Letters then! It is made to fix this very problem!

Just make sure everything is working okay first, then close FS, edit the INI file changing "AutoAssignLetters" (in the [JoyNames] section) from No to Yes, then run FS again.  All the button and axis assignments will then be by an assigned LETTER, and FSUIPC will match the letters up to the correct device by name and "GUID" (a unique ID) each time it loads. This will totally fix the cases where your Windows ID numbers change on re-boot.

Pete