The simFlight Network Forums

FS2K2/3.05/WC 2.3

New twist for an older program. I have FS2K2, still like it. I upgraded to FSUIPC 3.05 and Weather Center 2.3. The altimeter and ATIS report departure pressure fine, but no changes in flight. On approach, ATIS at arrival point is same as departure. Not very likely (especially the heavies), the clouds/rain/winds seem fine, only the altimeter reads the same as starting point.

Here's the catch: ATIS reports new pressure the second I touch down at my destination. Only when I am on the ground does it change altimeter reading.

Pete I hope you can get with KKile at simwidgets and figure this one out.

Sorry, please contact him directly with this. There is absolutely no change in any of the weather facilities in FSUIPC for FS2002, none at all. The changes must all be in WeatherCentre.

Actually, didn't someone say Damian of ActiveWeather had taken this program over now in any case, or am I mixing up some other weather programs?

Regards,

Pete

Actually, didn't someone say Damian of ActiveWeather had taken this program over now in any case, or am I mixing up some other weather programs?

Regards,

Pete

Yes you are correct Pete, they did take it over, and they still can't sort it out. I went back to FSmeteo in the end, at least that works, and has only very slight stutters on updates of weather. Really bad in the others, even with their latest, support seems to be bad as well

Anthony.....

Hi Anthony, this is all news to me (this issue!), and despite a handful of responses from me to you giving you personal support, you are not satisfied? Why don't you let me know what problems you are having and we can sort them out. I can't help if I don't know what is wrong!

Weather Center Support Forum is located here on Simflight!

-Damian

Hi Anthony, this is all news to me (this issue!), and despite a handful of responses from me to you giving you personal support, you are not satisfied? Why don't you let me know what problems you are having and we can sort them out. I can't help if I don't know what is wrong!

Weather Center Support Forum is located here on Simflight!

-Damian

Damian

I have email you twice with the results of the beta you gave me the link to, I have had no reply as I did not with keith at the later involvment he had. I with others defended Keith on many forums, at Avsim a heated debate went on in the early days, praising the support etc, but I kept checking the WC2 forum after you said to keep monitoring it, weeks went on without any reply's at all. Now I think enough is enough shame really as I think without the stutter, it would have been really good.

I have been helping out UK2000 UK scenery at the moment, with a problem that they had, which is now fixed, but I must say that they responded to suggestions although how stupid perhaps they seemed at the time. I put a lot of time into WC2, not like many testers, expecting "freebies", or the fact of getting it quicker, but to help us get something that is reasonably stable and good to use.

So without any response to testing of WC2, I feel it's time for me to knock it on the head.

Anthony