The simFlight Network Forums

Keysend over wideFS not working

Hello, I am having an issue sending a keypress via fsuips to a client running wideclient and vpilot. I would like to use a button on my mouse assigned to be F11 to do PTT on the client for voice. Wideclient has no issues connecting, as well as aivlasoft, pfpx, activesky next and vpilot itself. I am running traffic proxy on the server fsx machine as well. I have followed the instructions on vpilot forums http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/vPilotNetworkSetup.pdf

when I go into fsuipc settings in fsx, and I setup the keysend under "Key presses". It does not work, it also does not work when setup the "buttons and swtiches" page either. when I click OK for when I setup buttons and switches and then I go back into fsuips the selections are cleared out. When I fill out the "key presses" page the settins get saved but the keysend does not work. What am I doing wrong here? Thank you for any help!

Hello, I am having an issue sending a keypress via fsuips to a client running wideclient and vpilot. I would like to use a button on my mouse assigned to be F11 to do PTT on the client for voice. 

How do you assign a mouse button to send a key press?

when I go into fsuipc settings in fsx, and I setup the keysend under "Key presses". It does not work, it also does not work when setup the "buttons and swtiches" page either.

You'll need to explain what you mean by "does not work". What are you actually assigning to?  A "KeySend" assignment needs parameters in the client INI file too, to tell WideClient what you want it to do when it sees the KeySend number you assigned.

when I click OK for when I setup buttons and switches and then I go back into fsuips the selections are cleared out.

When you press OK your settings are saved in the FSUIPC4 INI file. That is NEVER destroyed or lost unless you do it manually. You'll need to explain exactly, step-by-step, what you are doing if you think you are "losing" things, because it can never happen. Maybe you are assigning in a Profile specific way and only looking at the general settings? With keypresses and buttons/switches you can have general assignments, applying to all aircraft, and profile-specific ones, for specific profiles only. The current profile depends on the aircraft you loaded. You switch between the settings using the profile checkbox.

When I fill out the "key presses" page the settins get saved but the keysend does not work. What am I doing wrong here?

Did you assign a function for the KeySend in the WideClient INI file? If not, keysend won't do anything. Wideclient will receive the KeySend number and it won't know what it should do with it.

Pete

Hi Pete, thank you for your reply. Yes I have set f11  to be the keysend button in the wideclient.ini file just as stated in the link i have included above. I was not sure whether a mouse button can be assigned to be sent over wideclient or not I just tried to see if it will work. I would of preferred to have a mouse button assigned versus my joystick but It does not work either way. I am using logitech extreme 3d pro joystick and I am trying to send f11 keysend to activate ptt on the client laptop. 

This is what I added to wideclient.ini:

KeySend1=123,16 ; Press F11 
KeySend2=123,24 ; Release F11
UseSendInput=Yes 

I have set F11 to be the PTT button in vpilot

the fsuipc settings look like this:

Capture_zps9b435264.jpg

When I click OK, fsuipc exits but when I go back into fsuipc the fields are all cleared out. Is that normal?

I hope this was a little bit more clear. Thank you for any help.

I was not sure whether a mouse button can be assigned to be sent over wideclient or not I just tried to see if it will work.

It isn't to do with WideClient. FSUIPC has never had any mouse assignments except for the special functions offered -- mouse wheel trim, and the mouse look and mouse move options. If you want to make a mouse assignable to any FS or FSUIPC controls like KeySend you'd need to have a Lua plug-in, which does have a mouse library with events for buttons, movement and so on.

This is what I added to wideclient.ini:

UseSendInput=Yes 

Okay.

the fsuipc settings look like this:

Okay, too.

When I click OK, fsuipc exits but when I go back into fsuipc the fields are all cleared out. Is that normal?

Cleared out, including the joystick and button number? Or do you mean after you press the button again?

If you only assigned them, as shown in your picture, for the profile "Single Prop", then, yes, if you are looking at the general assignments not the correct profile ones, it wouldn't show the specific ones, and vice versa. Obviously.

Check the Profile checkbox to toggle between the general (unticked0 and specific (ticked) assignments. 

Pete

Sorry, I did not check off the profile checkmark and same issue. Yes the joystick button is cleared out also.

The picture above is a screenshot from the vpilot manual. I copied the settings over to my fsuipc settings. I will give you a screenshot before I click OK and what i get when i go back into fsuips when i get home later today. Thanks

Edited by kaspern83

Sorry, I did not check off the profile checkmark and same issue. Yes the joystick button is cleared out also.

In that case just press the button!! The dialogue doesn't show anything until it knows what button you want to program!!

The picture above is a screenshot from the vpilot manual. I copied the settings over to my fsuipc settings. I will give you a screenshot before I click OK and what i get when i go back into fsuips when i get home later today. Thanks

Sorry, no picture found. But if vPilot say it works and they tested it, what is different on your system?

Pete

So the joystick is disconnected? This will be why it doesn't work.

Pete

No, Joystick is fully working the whole time in fsx, all other buttons work. fsx machine is windows 7, client machine in windows 8. Is there any compatibility issues?

No, Joystick is fully working the whole time in fsx, all other buttons work. fsx machine is windows 7, client machine in windows 8. Is there any compatibility issues?

Please clarify. At some time you see the joystick and buttons in FSUIPC, and at other times you don't? Can you identify what the difference is between when the joystick is recognised and when it isn't?

FSUIPC actually uses the same Windows facilities as FS to read joysticks. Generally folks find FSUIPC much more reliable reading joysticks than FSX, and in fact many switch to FSUIPC because FSX sometimes loses their joysticks. So I wonder why you have the opposite results. It is rather odd and completely different to all others' experiences!

Pete

OK, in FSUIPC buttons and switches page these are my settings:

Joy# 0

Btn# 10

Select for FS control: checked

Profile: unchecked

control sent when button pressed: Keysend 1-255 widefs

Parameter: 1

Control to repeat while held: checked 

Control sent when button released: Keysend 1-255 widefs

parameter: 2

FSX says 1 client connected via widefs in toolbar uptop

wideclient window on client also says connected

After I click OK in fsuipc and I click the button on joystick I have assigned in FSUIPC, I have vpilot running on client but the ptt button is not engaging.

I made sure F11 is set to be the ptt button on client.

If I go back into FSUIPC buttons and switched page, nothing is filled out anymore. If I refill everything again, the button still doesnt do anything in vpilot. 

I have attempted to try a different button on joystick without any success.

I dont have any issues running any of my other software via wideclient or simconnect like pfpx map to show aircraft position. as next works perfect, aivlasoft works perfect, vpilot works perfect also (other than PTT button)

Is there something I must do on server side to tell the joystick that button number 10 is F11 or does wideclient knows automatically via 

UseSendInput=Yes 

Thank you.

Control to repeat while held: checked 

That's not a good idea really. Why would you want to keep telling WideClient to press the key? Once it is pressed it is pressed -- Windows takes care of any repeats. Uncheck the repeat option!

After I click OK in fsuipc and I click the button on joystick I have assigned in FSUIPC, I have vpilot running on client but the ptt button is not engaging.

I made sure F11 is set to be the ptt button on client.

I'm afraid I don't know vPilot. Perhaps the way it reads the keypress is simply not compatible with any of the ways WideClient (and I) know how to get the keypress to it. However, this, which is not quite what you said before:

If I go back into FSUIPC buttons and switched page, nothing is filled out anymore. If I refill everything again, the button still doesnt do anything in vpilot. 

definitely indicates that you are not actually assigning or at least completing the assignment, because there is no way, if the assignment is completed and saved in the INI file that it will be forgotten.

Note that previously you stated that the joystick and button were not being seen again ... seems that has changed now?

Perhaps you should paste here, in a message, the contents of your FSUIPC4.INI file. You can use the <> button above the edit area to enclose it.
Is there something I must do on server side to tell the joystick that button number 10 is F11 or does wideclient knows automatically via 
UseSendInput=Yes 

That should be sufficient. You can use WideClient logging to see if it is being received and actioned.  Just edit the WideClient.INI file and set "Log=KeySend" in the [user] section. Show me the resulting WideClient.log after you test the PTT.

Pete

That's not a good idea really. Why would you want to keep telling WideClient to press the key? Once it is pressed it is pressed -- Windows takes care of any repeats. Uncheck the repeat option!

Pete

I was following the instructions from vpilot:

vPilot was developed to be an easy, out-of-the-box solution for VATSIM pilots which requires no 
additional software to work. The client uses the SimConnect architecture to communicate with the 
simulation, and as such does not require FSUIPC to function properly. 

From its inception, vPilot wasn’t designed with networking in mind (i.e. using the client on a machine 
other than the one Flight Simulator is running on). However, by using SimConnect, a side benefit is that 
the client will successfully work on ANY properly configured SimConnect client machine. The only known 
shortcoming with using SimConnect, is the inability (using SimConnect alone) to have the vPilot client on 
a networked machine, but your voice communications PTT button on your FSX machine (i.e. a button on 
a yoke/joystick). 

vPilot will work out-of-the-box on a SimConnect client machine, using a button or keyboard button press 
on the client machine. In order to use a button on your FSX machine for your PTT button, FSUIPC and 
WideFS is required, and its setup is quite easy. 

The following instructions assume you have a properly configured SimConnect client which can 
successfully communicate with your SimConnect server (Flight Simulation machine), and you know how 
to assign buttons in FSUIPC: 
Within FSUIPC, select the button you wish to use for your PTT button in the Buttons + Switches tab. For 
that button, select for FS Control, having both controls set to KEYSEND 1-255 (WideFS) and having the 
“Control to repeat while held” box ticked. For the Parameter(s), set them to 1 and 2 respectively, as 
shown in the below image

Here is my fsuipc.ini:
[General]
UpdatedByVersion=4934
History=LHSJ0HL78T4S5Z9BNHAVN
InitDelayDevicesToo=No
UseSystemTime=Yes
UseMidMouseBtn=Yes
MouseWheelMove=No
MouseWheelTrim=No
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
JoystickTimeout=20
PollGFTQ6=Yes
BlankDisplays=No
FixControlAccel=Yes
FixMachSpeedBug=Yes
DeleteVehiclesForAES=Yes
AutoScanDevices=Yes
VisibilityOptions=No
OneCloudLayer=No
CloudTurbulence=Yes
CloudIcing=Yes
GenerateCirrus=No
SuppressCloudTurbulence=No
MaxIce=-4
MinIce=-4
UpperWindGusts=Yes
SuppressWindTurbulence=No
SuppressWindVariance=No
WindTurbulence=Yes
TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0
TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40
SuppressAllGusts=No
MaxSurfaceWind=0
WindLimitLevel=200
WindDiscardLevel=400
WindAjustAltitude=No
WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000
SmoothBySimTime=No
WindSmoothing=Yes
WindSmoothness=2
WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes
PressureSmoothness=0
TemperatureSmoothness=0
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=Yes
WhiteMessages=Yes
ShowPMcontrols=No
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=Yes
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=Yes
AileronSpikeRemoval=Yes
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=Yes
ClockSyncMins=1
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
OwnWeatherChanges=No
TimeForSelect=4
LoadFlightMenu=No
LoadPlanMenu=No
PauseAfterCrash=Yes
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
ZapSound=firework
ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring
UseProfiles=Yes
EnableMouseLook=No
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=0
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
InitDelay=0
GetNearestAirports=Yes
OOMcheck=Yes
WeatherReadFactor=2
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
CustomWeatherModify=No
SimConnectStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
Console=No
NewInterceptTextMenu=No
DelayedMouseLookZoom=No
FSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.61637.0
SimConnectUsed=10.0.61259.0

[Programs]
Run1=HIDE,”E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSX.bat"
Run2=READY,CLOSE,"C:\Users\Kacper Desktop\AppData\Local\vPilot\TrafficProxy.exe"
Run3=READY,CLOSE,"E:\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.exe"

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Logitech Extreme 3D
0.GUID={3B59E4F0-CE41-11E3-8001-444553540000}

[buttons]
ButtonRepeat=20,10
3=P0,10,C1006,1
4=U0,10,C1006,2
5=R0,11,C1006,1
6=U0,11,C1006,2

[AutoSave]
Next=5
Interval=60
Files=5
SaveOnGround=Yes
AutoSaveEnabled=Yes
1=Tue 210037
2=Tue 210136
3=Tue 210236
4=Wed 235950
5=Tue 202923

[GPSout]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=COM0
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[GPSout2]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=<none set>
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes
AdvertiseService=1
Port=8002
Port2=9002

[sounds]
Path=E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Device3=ASUS VE258-8 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Device4=ASUS VE258-4 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Device5=Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
Device6=Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

[ClientNames]
1=KACPER-LAPTOP

[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60

[Keys]
2=122,8,1006,1,1006,2

Here is my wideclient.log:

********* WideClient Log [version 6.999m] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 03/07/14, Time 00:07:24.993: Client name is KACPER-LAPTOP
      203 LUA: "C:\WideClient\Initial.LUA": not found
      234 Attempting to connect now
      234 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast
      234 Failed to connect: waiting to try again
     2234 Attempting to connect now
     4265 Server = KACPERDESKTOP
     4265 Trying TCP/IP host "KACPERDESKTOP" port 8002 ...
     4265 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.40
     4281 Connection made okay!
    13687 Post/Send input for KeyHook action 1
    13687 SendInput used for KeyHook action 1
    13687 WM_KEYDOWN sent to Window 00090f76 ok, VK code 123
    13687 Action request sent 1 events
    13875 Post/Send input for KeyHook action 2
    13890 SendInput used for KeyHook action 2
    13890 WM_KEYUP sent to Window 00090f76 ok, VK code 123
    13890 Action request sent 1 events
    38328 Post/Send input for KeyHook action 1
    38328 SendInput used for KeyHook action 1
    38328 WM_KEYDOWN sent to Window 00090f76 ok, VK code 123
    38328 Action request sent 1 events
    38531 Post/Send input for KeyHook action 2
    38531 SendInput used for KeyHook action 2
    38531 WM_KEYUP sent to Window 00090f76 ok, VK code 123
    38531 Action request sent 1 events

Looks like to me that the key is coming through? just not being seen in vpilot? Please confirm and ill take my troubleshooting over to their forum. Thanks

I was following the instructions from vpilot:

They actually give instructions for using WideFS for PTT? Okay. Then in that case they must have tested it, so it should certainly work.

I see several assignments for KeySend recorded in your FSUIPC INI file. No other button or key assignments at all, which is rather unusual.

[buttons]
ButtonRepeat=20,10
3=P0,10,C1006,1
4=U0,10,C1006,2
5=R0,11,C1006,1
6=U0,11,C1006,2

You have both buttons 10 and 11 assigned, with 11 repeating whilst held.

[Keys]
2=122,8,1006,1,1006,2

You also have F11 assigned to do the same thing.

Looking back to an earlier message:

UseSendInput=Yes 

I now notice there's something wrong there.  123 is F12 yet you labelled it F11. For F11 you'd need 122.

Looking at the WideClient log it is most certainly sending F12 as shown:

13687 Post/Send input for KeyHook action 1
    13687 SendInput used for KeyHook action 1
    13687 WM_KEYDOWN sent to Window 00090f76 ok, VK code 123
    13687 Action request sent 1 events
    13875 Post/Send input for KeyHook action 2
    13890 SendInput used for KeyHook action 2
    13890 WM_KEYUP sent to Window 00090f76 ok, VK code 123
    13890 Action request sent 1 events

Maybe all your problems are simply using F12 instead of F11? Does the vPilot manual say 123 is F11? sorry I hadn't spotted this earlier -- I don't know all the keycodes off by heart, I have to look them up just like you should have. And the main problem appeared to be that you kept saying you'd lost the assignments, which I really don't think is possible unless you are constantly deleting your INI file. Can you please clarify again why you think you are losing them?

Regards

Pete

I will try above to see if it works by changing ptt to f12.

Well, i thought I was loosing assignments because after i click ok to save changes fsuipc exits, after I reopen fsuipc and the page is cleared out. When I click the button I have assigned though, it brings the settings back. So I assume thats fine. I thought because the page was cleared out the settings werent getting saved. Sorry this is my first time settings all this up.

Can I clear out everything under these sections? and just start clean? I assume that with me keep playing around with different settings caused all the mess.

[buttons]
ButtonRepeat=20,10
3=P0,10,C1006,1
4=U0,10,C1006,2
5=R0,11,C1006,1
6=U0,11,C1006,2

[Keys]
2=122,8,1006,1,1006,2

I will try above to see if it works by changing ptt to f12.

Or just change the 123's to 122's in the WideClient.INI file.

Well, i thought I was loosing assignments because after i click ok to save changes fsuipc exits, after I reopen fsuipc and the page is cleared out. When I click the button I have assigned though, it brings the settings back. So I assume thats fine. I thought because the page was cleared out the settings werent getting saved. Sorry this is my first time settings all this up.

Well, I did say, many messages back, that until you actually press the button it obviously cannot show anything. Folks have many many buttons each with different assignments. What do you think it should show? I did ask you if the joystick number and button was blank, and you said yes, so I told you to press a button, and you said you did but it was still blank. that's why, for most of this thread, I've been concerned that you were losing the joystick connection!!

Can I clear out everything under these sections? and just start clean? I assume that with me keep playing around with different settings caused all the mess.

It isn't really a mess. with only two buttons assigned and one keypress, it couldn't possibly be a mes! You ought to see some folks INI files!

Yes, you can delete anything you like. 

Pete

when you were telling me to press the button, I didnt realize you wanted the fsuipc windows open lol. either way problem is fixed. I cleared out all button assignments, fixed the wideclient.ini to make sure everything matches f11, reasigned button in fsuipc and all is good. Thank you for your help and patience, and thank you for fsuipc!