The simFlight Network Forums

Hello,

I’ve developed a black box with C#. Until today, it has worked with no problem using FSUIPC in FS9 & FSX.

My application uses the FSUIPCClient.dll reference version 2.4.0.0.

Today, one of my users has updated FSUIPC4 to 4.934 (FSX). Now it’s impossible stablish a connection between the application and FSX. FSUIPC throws an exception (when trying to connect) with error #7: “Error #7: FSUIPC_ERR_VERSION. Incorrect version of FSUIPC”

I’ve searched a new version of FSUIPCClient according to FSUIPC 4.934 but with no result.

I hope you can help me,

Regards,
Daniel

Today, one of my users has updated FSUIPC4 to 4.934 (FSX). Now it’s impossible stablish a connection between the application and FSX. FSUIPC throws an exception (when trying to connect) with error #7: “Error #7: FSUIPC_ERR_VERSION. Incorrect version of FSUIPC”

I’ve searched a new version of FSUIPCClient according to FSUIPC 4.934 but with no result.

FSUIPC doesn't throw such exceptions -- it is the Client DLL.or your application.  And there is no reason for it to do so just because of an updated version number. The check in the FSUIPC interface code in the application or client DLL checks that the version number is not less than 1.998e, because that is the earliest version supporting the code supplied in the FSUIPC SDK.

It sounds like your user has either got his computer date set to one earlier than his registration, or he has got an invalid or even illegal registration key. To check for either problem tell him to remove the FSUIPC4.KEY file from the Modules folder. If it then works okay the computer date or registration is probably bad.  Other than this, I'd need to see the FSUIPC4.LOG file -- a complete log with the simulator closed down.

Pete

Removing the KEY file, the application runs again, but date is correct

Is key the problem?

It means the registration key is invalid, a fake, made to look real so accepted by the installer but resulting in deactivation of a number of FSUIPC features, including supplying data to applications.

Pete